Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2010, 10:44 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Actually, for most people who would read sites like this tend to get OEM anyways since we can be our own support line. I know that I only install OEM unless I can find retail for less. Which was the case when I got Windows 7 for cheap since I'm a student so I installed it into my family's media centre while installing Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (courtesy of DreamSpark) on my actual rig.

deltatux
Old February 27, 2010, 05:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

OEM is fine if you install it, then keep the pc in it's original configuration till it dies. I already had to do a windows7 phone activation, back in December, but I change a lot of hardware.
I'm thinking I'll go for the technet too, can sure use it with all the machines around here.
Old February 27, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

yep, i got my $7 win7 ultimate waiting!
Old February 27, 2010, 06:52 AM
Banned

I am sorry but...Technet???
Old February 27, 2010, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
Microsoft TechNet Canada | IT Professionals | Downloads | Subscription

A library of software that you pay for a subscription for a year, and get to download a whole bunch of Microsoft software with more keys than any sane person needs.

It's pretty cool.
Old February 27, 2010, 10:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post

Check it out here. It's a Microsoft resource site for techs of all kinds. Basically, you sign up for $300, (use the purchase code TMSAM07 for 25% off)and you get 10 licenses for every piece of software Microsoft has on the market. (Windows 7, Server, Office, etc,) The catch is that the subscription is good for a year. So whatever keys you get from the site have to be written down, as you won't have access after that. But your keys don't have an expiry date, so it's no big deal. The other thing is you'll need to download the .iso's from Microsoft, which is fine since Microsoft has CRAZY fast servers.

Long story short; I payed $300, and now I have Windows 7 64bit installed on 4 machines in the house, and Office 07 on all of them. Plus, I'll have access to install Office '10 before it even hits the shelves for sale.

*Edit* Jake clearly has ninja skills...
Old February 28, 2010, 08:38 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
Microsoft TechNet Canada | IT Professionals | Downloads | Subscription

A library of software that you pay for a subscription for a year, and get to download a whole bunch of Microsoft software with more keys than any sane person needs.

It's pretty cool.
... and you would be using it illegally:

QUOTE:
Full-version software for evaluation - without time limits – including Microsoft operating systems, servers, and Office System software.1

1Software is licensed for evaluation purposes only—not for use in production environments. TechNet Plus subscriptions include the most recent Microsoft software version. Visit Microsoft Software License Terms for details on your use rights for evaluation software and other components of the TechNet Subscription product.

If you are going to ignore MS licencing agreements, use their software for FREE! Torrents, bins, irc or web based resources.
Old February 28, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post
... and you would be using it illegally:

QUOTE:
Full-version software for evaluation - without time limits – including Microsoft operating systems, servers, and Office System software.1

1Software is licensed for evaluation purposes only—not for use in production environments. TechNet Plus subscriptions include the most recent Microsoft software version. Visit Microsoft Software License Terms for details on your use rights for evaluation software and other components of the TechNet Subscription product.

If you are going to ignore MS licencing agreements, use their software for FREE! Torrents, bins, irc or web based resources.
Old March 13, 2010, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Cool LMAO

Full-version software for evaluation - without time limits – including Microsoft operating systems, servers, and Office System software

lol i have to laugh at that.. to me it basically means you just got it for a deal.. you can buy it retail and it would run just the same. Full version.. without time limits. what u said you can see it as you are basically just running out and paying a nice chunk of change for win 7 ultimate and even though its full version without time limits it is just for evaluation...

Clearly someone isnt thinking outside the box lol