Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old February 23, 2010, 08:19 PM
Silvgearx's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,106

My System Specs

Default

So here is my question to those of you that are not "angry," If your no fanboi why were you waiting till now? And what makes one buy a nvidia card given price($)/performance is the same for both sides. E.G $1/2FPS

If your truly trying to have fun and kill time, wheres your dx11 card? I though it was about "fun" and not fanboi.

Don't judge everything by its cover! What do you have to lose besides time and money?

As for myself I am just a poor man trying to get his best bang/$ to satisfy my upgrade itch.

Judging from the ways you guys reply it seems like your the "true boys."




Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old February 23, 2010, 08:56 PM
belgolas's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St. Thomas Ontario close to london
Posts: 3,925

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
So here is my question to those of you that are not "angry," If your no fanboi why were you waiting till now? And what makes one buy a nvidia card given price($)/performance is the same for both sides. E.G $1/2FPS

If your truly trying to have fun and kill time, wheres your dx11 card? I though it was about "fun" and not fanboi.

Don't judge everything by its cover! What do you have to lose besides time and money?

As for myself I am just a poor man trying to get his best bang/$ to satisfy my upgrade itch.

Judging from the ways you guys reply it seems like your the "true boys."




nice bait.

Well I actually ordered a 5970 back in november but NCIX said I wouldn't get it till the week before christmas so I just canceled it and am now waiting. I don't need DX11 right now as only a couple games utilize it but none of them fully use all the extra features. AVP is the closest with its tessellation but other than that nothing really.

If an ATI and Nvidia card performed the same and where the exact same price it would be an easy buy for me. I would choose Nvidia hands down. From my experience they have better drivers, you get physx, cuda, folding power, better warranty, better multi gpu support. Now with the option of 3 monitors without needing a display port is also a very nice feature. So these are some of the reasons I am waiting. If Nvidia fails to deliver I will be buying either 2 5870's or 1 5970 with a 5850 depending of price drops and how much money I have at the time.
__________________

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old February 23, 2010, 09:09 PM
FtGF's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 410

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
So here is my question to those of you that are not "angry," If your no fanboi why were you waiting till now? And what makes one buy a nvidia card given price($)/performance is the same for both sides. E.G $1/2FPS

If your truly trying to have fun and kill time, wheres your dx11 card? I though it was about "fun" and not fanboi.

Don't judge everything by its cover! What do you have to lose besides time and money?

As for myself I am just a poor man trying to get his best bang/$ to satisfy my upgrade itch.

Judging from the ways you guys reply it seems like your the "true boys."




Hard to quote people when you are hiding behind the couch I guess. Simple answer my gtx 275s in sli are fine for now. I had a 4870x2 before that. I'm only gaming at 1920x1200 and directx 11 is not worth it as of now. As of today what 4 games support it? I'll wait. I don't care for benching either.

Just time and money for you but this isn't my main hobby. Cars are and I have a JDM gc8 coming in that I plan on using for autocross which is going to require some more time and $$$ then PCs will need.

Don't know what a "true boy" is but anyways I really don't know what you're point exactly was
__________________
Fight the Good Fight



Last edited by FtGF; February 24, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old February 23, 2010, 09:46 PM
Silvgearx's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,106

My System Specs

Default

Driver support eh, you don't say. Given 8800gts 512mb->9800gtx->9800gtx+ ->gts250 With that many chances even a child can fix it

Ohh how I wish nvidia have the same $/ratio.

Folding eh, gasp whats that. How come I never saw you on rip though my radar with all those goodness you got there


Yea man those GC8 are sik.

I wish I had a real one, but this one will do for me till I have more dough for something nicer

Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old February 24, 2010, 05:56 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,066

My System Specs

Default

@ fTgF - True, I will only support Fermi for Folding right now as I have more than enough gaming power in my Current GPU's.

However, for your Autocross Dreams (Solo 1 or Solo 2 BTW?) wait for Ford's Focus RS. Much better overall Platform. Or get an Audi :). Subaru is hyped, and yes they are good, but its more fun to take something not commonly seen and spank them on the track. Come out to Mosport this summer, I'll be there, waiting.

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old February 24, 2010, 05:57 AM
b1lk1's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lindsay, Ontario
Posts: 2,501

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
It reminds me of the Lost Puppy Syndrome, when my brother's dog run away, we spent 2 days looking for it, I was really mad at the dog, but when we finally found it, we were so overwhelmed with joy, there was no place for hate anymore and the dog was forgiven. Same with OCers, once 480 hits the shelves, they will be buying it like if nothing happened, because it's there :)
I could not agree more. What will be really funny is seeing more than 1/2 the people spewing hate will be fighting to get their place in line and then bitching they can't get one fast enough.
__________________
MY HEATWARE
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old February 24, 2010, 09:55 AM
FtGF's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 410

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
@ fTgF - True, I will only support Fermi for Folding right now as I have more than enough gaming power in my Current GPU's.

However, for your Autocross Dreams (Solo 1 or Solo 2 BTW?) wait for Ford's Focus RS. Much better overall Platform. Or get an Audi :). Subaru is hyped, and yes they are good, but its more fun to take something not commonly seen and spank them on the track. Come out to Mosport this summer, I'll be there, waiting.

ST
Sorry for the following as it is

Solo 2 It will be my first year so take it easy I used just go to the track but I want to change it up. Is the Focus RS coming to North America? Regardless its FW bleh and it's 25,000 new in the UK. I know it's an awesome car the Volvo engine is a monster, but I'm a student that could not even come close to affording that. Especially for amateur autocross . As with Audi I liked there WRC cars but nothing really interests me.

I like the JDM Subarus, Mitsubishis because they are dirt cheap and can be found with super low ks and it's easy to know if they are legit. For the price nothing can touch the performance. Maybe in autocross there are better cars but I can have an awd car that starts at 260hp can get up to 300hp with stock internals for almost nothing and has less then 50,000km? Can't touch that. Also the car I'm bringing in has 25,000km with all it's shaken. Never seen a winter, not one spec of rust and the paint is practically new. Haha anyways I get excited when I talk about this stuff.

So what kind of AutoX monster are you driving ST?

Bringing it back........ how about that GTX 480?.................
__________________
Fight the Good Fight


Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old February 24, 2010, 10:46 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,066

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Sorry for the following as it is

Solo 2 It will be my first year so take it easy I used just go to the track but I want to change it up. Is the Focus RS coming to North America? Regardless its FW bleh and it's 25,000 new in the UK. I know it's an awesome car the Volvo engine is a monster, but I'm a student that could not even come close to affording that. Especially for amateur autocross . As with Audi I liked there WRC cars but nothing really interests me.

I like the JDM Subarus, Mitsubishis because they are dirt cheap and can be found with super low ks and it's easy to know if they are legit. For the price nothing can touch the performance. Maybe in autocross there are better cars but I can have an awd car that starts at 260hp can get up to 300hp with stock internals for almost nothing and has less then 50,000km? Can't touch that. Also the car I'm bringing in has 25,000km with all it's shaken. Never seen a winter, not one spec of rust and the paint is practically new. Haha anyways I get excited when I talk about this stuff.

So what kind of AutoX monster are you driving ST?

Bringing it back........ how about that GTX 480?.................
Bahhh off topic is okay, just remember you started it lol

Excellent, have you done the Driver Development out that way yet? Good courses to teach a thing or two.

I've had a few now. I think my all time Favorite was an Audi 90 Quattro, but alas I did something stupid and toasted the engine. Best Car I had on the Track was an STI Killer, Escort ZX2 SR2 with a Cosworth 300 in it. POwer to weight ratio was amazing, combined with full Coil's it was a beast.

All of my toys got sold when I took ill last year to pay for expenses. But I'll be picking it up again.

Good to see more like me out there.

Anyways, what was that about a Video card????
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old February 24, 2010, 11:40 AM
FtGF's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 410

My System Specs

Default

...........yaaa something about waiting for it.....................

Cool cars man. Sorry is the Cosworth 300 the engine out of the Ford Escort RS Cosworth? Not too clear on that. So what platform are you planning on building on this time around?

I haven't taken the Driver Development course. Didn't think they were offering them yet from the last time I checked, could be wrong. I've only taken advanced driving courses for taking it around the track.



.............still waiting damn nvidia, grumble, grumble.......................





__________________
Fight the Good Fight


Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old February 24, 2010, 01:38 PM
r0bc's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AB
Posts: 688

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

Excellent, have you done the Driver Development out that way yet? Good courses to teach a thing or two.
If you haven't done it yet and your interested, you have to do the 3 day Techniques of Racing course at Jim Russell. The cars and that track .... incredible.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NVIDIA's Next-Gen Parts Get Named: GTX 480 & GTX 470 SKYMTL Press Releases & Tech News 67 March 6, 2010 08:23 PM
ATI HD58xx launch date FlyZ Video Cards 2 August 15, 2009 08:40 PM
The GTX 285 2gb vs. GTX 295 vs. GTX 350 (rumour) shayan288 Video Cards 9 May 25, 2009 12:29 PM
GTX 280 vs. GTX 260 vs. 8800 GTX review -n7- Member Reviews 11 September 27, 2008 10:00 AM
NVIDIA GeForce 9900 GTX and 9900 GTS GT200 Powered Graphics Slated for July Launch Hardware Canucks Press Releases & Tech News 0 April 28, 2008 10:31 AM