Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2010, 07:09 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I love this. Would be funnier if the 'horde' in the back were running away.

actually they run to them with the intention.... I thing you can see the intentions
Old February 23, 2010, 07:19 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
actually they run to them with the intention.... I thing you can see the intentions
Haha got ya. The horde in the back are angry nVidia fanbois, and the hooded guy is a fearful nVidia marketing guy.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 23, 2010, 07:46 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Buh? My Server has a mind of its own and is posting by itself now? Cool! Welcome to the forums!

I went back to the red camp a long while ago. NVidia is just taking too damn long.
sent back a PM but I'll post it here so everyone can enjoy the almighty Behemoth !

www.myspace.com/behemoth
Old February 23, 2010, 10:38 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Who says they are 5 to 6 months late? Nvidia has never said when they are going to release a card till now. Like I was explaining in an another article it wouldn't have mattered much if nvidia released the card in November because there would have been even more shortages and probably still be waiting for stocks to be steadily in stores. So nvidia hasn't had much to loose. Also the PC gaming market doesn't have a strong need to upgrade right now because we already have cheap GPUs that can play all games at resonable settings. Nvidia will only loose if there card is either not at all that good(Sky's preview says otherwise) or it isn't priced right. I believe nvidia will price it right even if it means very low profit as ATI's cards are fairly over priced right now.

If anything it would be wise to wait for the price war that is going to happen and not like you can't wait because we already can play every game.

Having no new product for christmas and windows 7 launch wasn't in the plan, seriously... dude ???
Old February 23, 2010, 01:26 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
Having no new product for christmas and windows 7 launch wasn't in the plan, seriously... dude ???
Like he said nvidia never previously announced a release date. I'm glad you know whats going on though.....................

Me personally I'm more then happy to wait. I doubt nvidia will pull what ati did with the 2000 series.
I don't get all the anger. Either way I have a better gpu or a I get to choose from competitively priced ones.

Last edited by FtGF; February 23, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old February 23, 2010, 01:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
Yes having new product for the windows 7 launch was the plan ....Nvidia has had problems.

Old February 23, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe it was in the plan who knows but nvidia never said so. Also most analysts say that ATI rushed their product to the market. And it didn't matter that ATI was in before Christmas because no one could buy one at a local retail store or online so ATI could have released it now and it would have made no difference as far as sales go. Nvidia's biggest concern is if ATI releases a refresh of cards like a 5890 or something soon after their launch.

I am just happy when nvidia releases their cards ATI will drop their prices and I get better choices. My friend is building a new computer and if he can get a 5850 instead of a cheaper way less powerful card I would be happy so I am telling him to wait.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 23, 2010, 04:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Me personally I'm more then happy to wait. I doubt nvidia will pull what ati did with the 2000 series.
I don't get all the anger. Either way I have a better gpu or a I get to choose from competitively priced ones.
There are a great many people, including alot of the top[ guns in the overclocking world that beg to differ with you. Nvidia dropped the ball bigtime on this and if it does not deliver then they will most definitely lose major market share to ATI. You may not either want to see this or care, but this is the word on the internet. Just look at XS, TPU, EOCF and any other large PC enthusiast form. Also do not forget, if the rumors are even close to true, ATI will not even need to drop prices and consumers will not benefit one bit.
Old February 23, 2010, 06:49 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
There are a great many people, including alot of the top[ guns in the overclocking world that beg to differ with you. Nvidia dropped the ball bigtime on this and if it does not deliver then they will most definitely lose major market share to ATI. You may not either want to see this or care, but this is the word on the internet. Just look at XS, TPU, EOCF and any other large PC enthusiast form. Also do not forget, if the rumors are even close to true, ATI will not even need to drop prices and consumers will not benefit one bit.
Personally I could care less who has what market share. I don't own any stake in these companies. This is just a hobby for me to kill time. No one can really say anything until the cards are out. Again if they suck so what? I just never understood getting upset over this stuff. Ohhhhh big time OCers are saying this and that again why does this matter? Really for me I just find it fascinating the emotions thrown around. This is supposed to be fun. I'm not an nvidia or ati fanboy who ever has the best cards gets my money. That is until the new cards are worth upgrading to. Really my rant is not necessarily directed at HWC since it seems to be pretty tame compared to other forums but man are geeks just hilarious, especially since most of these are grown men.

I know that I'm pretty much doing the same thing by posting but man some of these people need chill out and remember what this is all about.

Old February 23, 2010, 07:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It reminds me of the Lost Puppy Syndrome, when my brother's dog run away, we spent 2 days looking for it, I was really mad at the dog, but when we finally found it, we were so overwhelmed with joy, there was no place for hate anymore and the dog was forgiven. Same with OCers, once 480 hits the shelves, they will be buying it like if nothing happened, because it's there :)