Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2010, 04:23 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Lol and ATI hasn't been rebadging since the HD 3000 series?
No, ATI hasn't.
Old February 22, 2010, 04:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The next system I make I want to be 3D vision able so I'll be going with nvidia either way. If prices are high when it's first release I'll just get a used GTX260 or something until prices are lower.
Old February 22, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Lol and ATI hasn't been rebadging since the HD 3000 series?

Oh and so far in 2010 ATI has been LOOSING market share so I don't know where people are getting that this has been affecting nvidia by that much. It is still hard to find some ATI cards so a lot of people aren't buying new cards. Not to mention you can run most games at near max settings with a less than 200 gpu anyways so there isn't really a high demand for newer cards. Then to add to the fact that it is not as strong as economy as before. So when you tie everything together it wouldn't really have mattered if nvidia released the cards back in november because there would have been even more shortages and still the same problem of economy and not a high need for more gpu power.
What you're missing is that Intel is gaining all the market share in GPUs, not Nvidia. Also, ATI has always been making slight changes to their architecture, whereas the entire 8000 and 9000 series have only been a die shrink and speed increases. Hmmm, I guess it makes sense since people still look for 8800 GTS's and GTO's for folding, because their PPD is almost the same as a 9800 GT and up...
Old February 22, 2010, 04:36 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
.....It is still hard to find some ATI cards so a lot of people aren't buying new cards. ..
you have no problem to find ATI card, the only one hard to find is the 5970 ....try to find a GTX275 for fun... ( of course they have few coop edition )
Old February 22, 2010, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Well are the ATI cards really that bad?? have been thinking about buying 5870, my last purchase was a couple of 8800GTX's for 1500$ cdn and that was about in early 07 one has since died, and what did i get for replacement a nice pos 250GTX. when the other died at least i got another 8800GTX. At this point the ATI's are looking good and i think the 5800 series took Nvidia by storm, so there trying to backward engineer what ATI has built. So i think my next purchase will be ATI. If i can pay half the price or even 2/3 the price for the same or better performance hell ya!!!!!! and on 3 to 6 monitors hell ya again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old February 22, 2010, 05:07 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
This is a hardware site. These are the kinds of things we discuss here. If you don't like it, you're free to not click on the link to this thread instead of whining about it.
Did I say stop discussing it? NO! I said stop whining and since you were so quick to defend yourself, you probably are a whiner. Anyways..........................

Old February 22, 2010, 05:11 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Did I say stop discussing it? NO! I said stop whining and since you were so quick to defend yourself, you probably are a whiner. Anyways..........................

No one is whiner here, a side of you ... We are all piss off with the attitude of Nvidia. they don't put the card on the table, but they ask us to wait ... of course they want Us not buy ATI product with the promise of a better day... if I was them , they better have a better day coming
Old February 22, 2010, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, ATI cards are not bad, its there drivers that needs a few odd tweaks once a while. If you hit a wall you be stuck to the wall for maybe a month to a few years.

But then again nvidia had the 3 generations of G92 cards so its a given the driver works like wonder.

ANd yea kinda disappointed, I wanted at least some spec leak or a chart from those guys
Old February 22, 2010, 05:32 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
Well, ATI cards are not bad,

from what I see until now, they are pretty good..
Old February 22, 2010, 05:39 PM
Top Prospect

They posted an apology on facebook