Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2010, 03:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversized Rooster View Post
Well, time for me to consider getting one more 5870 while these fools sort out themselves.
Thats pretty much what im doing. Hoping ATI wants to be really dirty and plummet prices on current gen ATI cards and keep the refresher cards up to compete price wise and performance wise with the fermi parts.
Old February 22, 2010, 03:22 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

ATI doesn't really have any reason to drop their prices until GF100 is released, so I have a feeling they'll drag it out with their current prices as long as they can and then drop them as soon as nVidia releases their cards.
Old February 22, 2010, 03:32 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

What's with all the nerd-rage? Ya the announcement is shitty but hey the cards aren't ready. Big deal. Go buy ATI if you must. If not stop whining.

Old February 22, 2010, 03:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
What were you expecting?
A 2-4
Old February 22, 2010, 03:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
What's with all the nerd-rage? Ya the announcement is shitty but hey the cards aren't ready. Big deal. Go buy ATI if you must. If not stop whining.
Yeah anyone voicing their opinions on a companies horrible marketing is clearly nerd rage. Theyve been rebadging since the 8800 series and now theyve realised people hate them for it, so this time theres a MASSIVE delay while they scramble around trying to be a real gpu manufacturer. If these chips turn out to actually be as good as the rumours, then fine, but if theyre barely matching atis cards after this amount of time, expect large loss of market share.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old February 22, 2010, 03:43 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
This is a hardware site. These are the kinds of things we discuss here. If you don't like it, you're free to not click on the link to this thread instead of whining about it.
Old February 22, 2010, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

No news is good news for ATI and their sales. Till march 26th...Nvidia loses more customers.
Old February 22, 2010, 04:59 PM
Banned
F@H

They was not supose to be in mass production... so the 26 of march, they gone have only few samples to show to peoples ....hummmmmmmmmmm don't know if you are like me but from May to September, I do not spent too much on computer.
Old February 22, 2010, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonwall View Post
Yeah anyone voicing their opinions on a companies horrible marketing is clearly nerd rage. Theyve been rebadging since the 8800 series and now theyve realised people hate them for it, so this time theres a MASSIVE delay while they scramble around trying to be a real gpu manufacturer. If these chips turn out to actually be as good as the rumours, then fine, but if theyre barely matching atis cards after this amount of time, expect large loss of market share.
Lol and ATI hasn't been rebadging since the HD 3000 series?

Oh and so far in 2010 ATI has been LOOSING market share so I don't know where people are getting that this has been affecting nvidia by that much. It is still hard to find some ATI cards so a lot of people aren't buying new cards. Not to mention you can run most games at near max settings with a less than 200 gpu anyways so there isn't really a high demand for newer cards. Then to add to the fact that it is not as strong as economy as before. So when you tie everything together it wouldn't really have mattered if nvidia released the cards back in november because there would have been even more shortages and still the same problem of economy and not a high need for more gpu power.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 22, 2010, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I always find it amazing that the subject of video cards never involves a gray area. It is simple to tell which team every person roots for. I am a self proclaimed and proud ATI fanboy so all I have to say is this: "HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!" to all those waiting for Fermi's release and hoping it was today. If the rumors (which are most likely false) that Fermi is not that powerful compared to the HD5870 then I believe I will shit bricks for a week.

Anyhow, fanboys, put it in neutral. ATI boys should NOT rub it in since we still don't know. Nvidia boys need stop defending vapor-ware because until it exists in atleast the reviewer's hands, it IS vapor-ware.

Last edited by b1lk1; February 22, 2010 at 05:35 PM.