Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18, 2010, 10:30 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Blizzard Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Closed BETA Invites Sent Out

Hell, It's about time. Amid plenty of delays and years of taunting, gamer's are finally getting the chance for a hand's on experience with the long anticipated Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, or at least some of them. Blizzard has announced that the first "phase" of closed beta trial keys have been handed out through Battle.Net and those fortuna... [ Read full article ]
Old February 18, 2010, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

cool for starcraft but...when is Diablo 3 coming!!!!!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 18, 2010, 11:30 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
cool for starcraft but...when is Diablo 3 coming!!!!!
Not for another year or two, I'm guessing. They're still working on the new classes (characters). After that, need to do the game contents, testing, etc. Still far from completion.

SC2 was first announced on mid 2007, previewing only the Protoss. It took Blizzard nearly 2 years to release the beta, and they said beta testing period will be around 4-6 months. D3 was announced mid 2008 previewing only the Barbarian and Witch Doctor, so you can estimate yourself when it will be out.
Old February 18, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good to see that you guys made this news! Hell ya SC2 is on its way. While Diablo 3 will be sweet, I hate all the wankers asking for it first. Been waiting for sc2 forever, let me play that first!! GAHH. Didn't get an invite though :(
Old February 18, 2010, 06:01 PM
Top Prospect

Its about time!

Quote:
The Starcraft II Minimum System Specs are:
    • Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
    • 2.2 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
    • 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
    • 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
    • 1024768 minimum display resolution
    • 4 GB free hard space
    • Broadband connection
Old tech?

I was expecting some higher system Spec... Will game graphic be outdated when it come out? I know this doesnt matter much in strategie game but still...
Old February 18, 2010, 06:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slay3r View Post
Its about time!

Old tech?

I was expecting some higher system Spec... Will game graphic be outdated when it come out? I know this doesnt matter much in strategie game but still...
Have you seen any videos? The graphics are pretty good. Not the best in the market but just as good as C&C3

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 18, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They've always been talking about how the requirements would'nt be high so that they could have a larger user base able to play the game. I thought they were saying that a 6800 wouldve been minimum but wow 6600! You have to realize the ose are the MINIMUM specs though. I like how they even have a minimum resoultion spec lol.
Old February 19, 2010, 07:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I think they should have selected beta members based more on their activity in the original starcraft... instead of random people who probably havn't played the original in a couple years.
Would of given me a better chance since I've played it for 11 years.
Oh well, maybe the next wave.
Old February 19, 2010, 06:03 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Got my beta invite

Downloaded the client yesterday, played my first match this morning, crushed some unfortunate soul with the protoss carriers. Graphics are on ultra with my system, and they look nice and purty. One nice touch that I love is the waypoint setting system they use, when the unit is selected it shows move points in green, with green lines connecting them, and the attack points in red, with red lines connecting them. Doesn't sound too impressive as I type it, but it looks great. Also, the air units have a thin green line connecting them straight down so that you can see where exactly they are relative to the ground. Again, looks a lot spiffier than it sounds.

Battle.net as a whole looks great, too. Going to be doing pretty bad on my next round of midterms methinks.
Old February 19, 2010, 06:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmx120 View Post
I think they should have selected beta members based more on their activity in the original starcraft... instead of random people who probably havn't played the original in a couple years.
Would of given me a better chance since I've played it for 11 years.
Oh well, maybe the next wave.
I hear you.