Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default NEC Developing LSI Communication Inteface with Blistering 16Gb/s Speed

NEC Corporation and NEC Electronics Corporation announced today the development and successful demonstration of LSI technology for next-generation high-speed serial communication interfaces. This new technology allows inter-chip communication that is three times faster than modern communication interface standards, such as USB 3.0 and PCI Express 2... [ Read full article ]
Old February 17, 2010, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

interesting I suppose - but pci-e 3.0 1x can already do 1 GB/s... I doubt they are going to incorporate a whole new architecture for double the speed. just add an extra pci-e lane ad you're set :D

this might be more interesting for external solutions such as USB. the recent 3.0 spec is "only" 4.8 Gb/sec. Or even replacing Sata?
Old February 17, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can't we just get some standards going? I mean, I like innovation and all, but I don't want to have 40 different standards for connectivity.

Another thing, where is this news from? I don't see any sources. Whether it's original or not, the source of information has to be there...