Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2010, 10:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Danamics Brings Their LMX Cooler to the Mainstream

We have seen just recently Danamics bring forth their Revised LMX cooler. For those unaware it is a Tower cooler that circulates Liquid Metal (Sodium Potassium) to act as the cooling medium. One of the biggest hurdles was actual Unit Cost. This is where the Superleggera hopes to capitalize on. The Superleggera features all the same setup as the ori... [ Read full article ]
Old February 17, 2010, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

is their a pump to make the liquid metal move in? if yes she have to be dead silent. I don't want my metal pump to be louder then the fan...If it is their is no point buying that compare to a cheap WC loop with a good pump.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
is their a pump to make the liquid metal move in? if yes she have to be dead silent. I don't want my metal pump to be louder then the fan...If it is their is no point buying that compare to a cheap WC loop with a good pump.
From what I've heard, the pump uses an electromagnet to move the liquid metal. Therefore, the unit should be dead silent as there are no moving parts (need confirmation on that though - I don't remember).

Meta wants. Badly. Can I order it from europe yet?
Old February 17, 2010, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
From what I've heard, the pump uses an electromagnet to move the liquid metal. Therefore, the unit should be dead silent as there are no moving parts (need confirmation on that though - I don't remember).

Meta wants. Badly. Can I order it from europe yet?
Ho then if it use electro magnet that's another game:) I want a review:P Any of us have a friend in europe to order and test???

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 17, 2010, 11:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah its an Electro-magnetic Pump with less than 2 Gauss or something like that (off the Top of my head).

Problem with sourcing them in NA right now is their choice of Medium. Sodium and Potassium are highly reactive to water and somewhat reactive to Air so it would be classified as Dangerous Goods. However if one is willing to pay the premium on getting one of these landed (Trust me, I would) they could very well prove to be a game changer when it comes to single Unit Cooling Solutions.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 17, 2010, 11:43 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

ST... just help me convince myself and i'll drop the coin to buy one from the UK or wherever. I'll even volunteer to do a member review on it if i can get it.

I mean c'mon people, its the damn T1000 CPU cooler! Is that anything cooler than T1000? Hells no! lol...
Old February 17, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Cmon Meta do it for all the Canadian geek that want to know how it perform and want to trust a reliable Canadian source!

Martin_metal_88

Old February 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Cmon Meta do it for all the Canadian geek that want to know how it perform and want to trust a reliable Canadian source!
Easier said than done it seems. GL finding a retailer in Europe that has it in stock, much less will ship here... Damn.

EDIT

Ordered!!! Shinyhardware UK will have stock in late Feb. and they ship to Canada Ordered!!!

Last edited by CMetaphor; February 17, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old February 17, 2010, 12:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

here is a review for those of you that want it
The LMX Superleggera Cooler Review – New Cooling King? Overclockers Tech
Old February 17, 2010, 01:41 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
here is a review for those of you that want it
The LMX Superleggera Cooler Review New Cooling King? Overclockers Tech
Wow. It supposedly beats the Venemous-X and Noctua D14 (with dual fans no less) be a few degrees on a Ph2 tricore @ 4Ghz - using only one fan no less. I'm getting eager now... eager for something that'll probably only arrive in a month or so, lol...