Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2010, 05:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

For me it's perfect. Games runs smooth like silk, PowerPlay is working flawless and no more GSOD's (games or idle).
Keepers.
Old November 10, 2010, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

I have a 5770 and I have tried everything... but here is what I have tried... first of all It's a windows 7 x64 problem (I think) I installed a second OS XP pro 32 and haven't had a problem since...
Here is a link to my post that I made elsewhere...
driver has stopped responding and has recovered (advice)
Old November 10, 2010, 11:23 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

lol. nothing beats bringing up a thread thats been dead for about 10 months with nonsense. Ive used 5770 in xfire, 5850 and 5870 and the GSOD only happened once or twice. My gtx 480 has had zero issue. And ive been using windows 7 since the chinese alpha leaks without problems. Kudos for making my day just a bit brighter.
Old November 21, 2010, 05:22 AM
Unregistered

Default choose catemall

I have been having the grey screen of death too. I have tried so many solutions. Nothing has helped! But, what I did notice one time is when I installed updates from Windows update, this problem did not happen again until I had to install updates from Windows Update again. This was a period of two and a half weeks. In terms of dates, I installed Windows Updates around 20th September, and then again around 10th October. During that time, the problem never happened. But since then, the problem has been happening on the regular, even when I don't have to install Windows Updates! Wierd! Also, around the July and August months, the GSOD, happened every three days, literally. I would wake up one day knowing that its the third day, so I will be expecting the GSOD.

Know, it just happens randomly. I really hope this problem will be fixed soon. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it or just limit the amount if GSOD's, please come forward!
Old January 18, 2011, 01:39 PM
Animeware

Default GSOD

How I was able to fix Grey Screen of Death know as (GSOD). I got a ASUS G73JH laptop gave me GSOD all the time how I was able to fix the issue was by updated the BIOS from Version 204 to 211 it seem to fix the issue for me but be careful messing around with the bios it can harm your computer badly.