Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 5, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Thermaltake Launches Next Generation Toughpower XT PSU Series with Enhanced Wattage

Thermaltake Technology, today announced a new edition of the award-winning "Toughpower XT" line of high-end PC power supply units. The New Toughpower XT with 25 watts more than other brands in the market. This added wattage is meant to enhance the system upgrade potential. Special features such as the DC-DC Converter Module, Double Forward technolo... [ Read full article ]
Old February 5, 2010, 03:37 PM
Banned
F@H

You have a very good text here ....... another single rail... I like it... my next PSU will be single rail for sure
Old February 5, 2010, 05:50 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

They're CWT DSGs. Take a look at the Corsair TX950 or Glacialtech GP-AX950AA to see how they'll perform. Also, double-forward conversion is a "special" feature now?

Anyway, I'm happy to see Thermaltake bring out some more quality PSUs. Definitely a step in the right direction compared to their TR2 models manufactured by HEC.
Old February 5, 2010, 05:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
They're CWT DSGs. Take a look at the Corsair TX950 or Glacialtech GP-AX950AA to see how they'll perform. Also, double-forward conversion is a "special" feature now?

Anyway, I'm happy to see Thermaltake bring out some more quality PSUs. Definitely a step in the right direction compared to their TR2 models manufactured by HEC.
I think it was Enermax that coined that Term? :)

Good to see something a little stronger. Better choice than CM's GX lineup.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 5, 2010, 06:02 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I think it was Enermax that coined that Term? :)
No, hardly. Double-forward conversion is a standard and extremely common topology in modern PSUs. The majority of efficient PSUs nowadays use it, with a handful of platforms using other designs, like LLC resonant or phase-shifted ZVS full bridge.