Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2010, 10:39 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Corsair Prepping 3.5" 512GB SSD

Along with the news that Corsair has launched two new high performance traditional SSD's lines, comes rumour of a not so traditional product; a 3.5 inch 512GB solid state drive. The technical specs are scant,however initial reports from Hexus.net suggest the device will feature a beefy 128MB cache and provide impressive speeds of 240mb/s write and... [ Read full article ]
Old February 3, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow if this is the real look of it...I WANT ONE!!! looking so awesome Now that Corsair want to lunch 512GB OCZ have some 500 and 256 are more and more common...will the price drop so we can afford them!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 3, 2010, 10:56 AM
Top Prospect

I thought it would have been cheaper since its a 3.5''
But yeah, i hope their little brothers goes down in price
Old February 3, 2010, 11:10 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Very nice. Good to see some bigger SSDs coming out. Fingers crossed for more affordable SSD's to come because of this.
Old February 3, 2010, 11:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this is just a raid encloser with 2 ssd you can build them almost for the same price with better performance available now
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=39411&...acture=Patriot
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...acture=Patriot and now you got a ten year warranty

but just go cheaper and get something like these http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...acture=Patriot
Old February 3, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Everything about this SSD was great, till I saw the over $1000 price.
Old February 3, 2010, 11:21 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I doubt its "just" two RAID'ed ssds Gingerbee. ;)

IF it is like the Colossus...it will have customized firmware which among other things will PASS on the TRIM command to the drives. Something you cant get with homebrew fake Raid.

More importantly, I wouldn't be surprised if this version DOESN'T have the problems that plague OCZ and their stinker (there is a VERY good reason why HWC never reviewed the Colossus). This is a great move by Corsair and truly hope it kills the Colossus in sales. We need more things like this and not the half arsed attempts OCZ has tried. Sometimes not being first to market is a good thing, as it allows you to get it right the first time. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 3, 2010, 11:23 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Just saw 3.5'' and SSD and instantly thought: "Oh wow! finally something that'll fit into every hot swap rack in the world!" ... but then I cried at the price. Twice.
Old February 3, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is the milestone I've been waiting for, a SSD to be released at the 500GB size. I know price is an issue, but at the rate these SSDs have been dropping within a year it'll sell for $300.

Then imma gonna be all over that like a fat kid to a smartie.
Old February 3, 2010, 11:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you might be right about that look at the read only 220. I want to see sata3 saturated and this is not going to help me. this is just personal preference for my own machine.
but until i see a review the encloser looks a lot like all the other 2 x 2.5' encloser out there. i hope not i want nothing but ssd. jmobsession he he