Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2010, 12:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

@ AkG:

I don't get it... there's a VERY good reason why HWC didn't review the Colossus? Can you elaborate on this?
Old February 3, 2010, 06:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikellini View Post
@ AkG:

I don't get it... there's a VERY good reason why HWC didn't review the Colossus? Can you elaborate on this?
I was wondering the same thing
Old February 3, 2010, 11:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i think he means the colossus doesnt support trim

Old February 4, 2010, 05:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think because it's just 2 ssd in a raid encloser not sure so don't quote me on it PC Perspective - OCZ Colossus 3.5-in Solid State Drive Review
Old February 4, 2010, 06:16 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, that's precisely why HWC should have reviewed it. You shouldn't avoid reviewing a product that has flaws; the point of the review is to expose flaws so people don't waste their money on crap. I appreciate bad reviews and criticism much more than vanilla "thumbs up" reviews because they save me money. In the conclusion on any review, the most important part is what's in the "Cons" list, not the "Pros". Am I right?
Old February 4, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Speaking generally here, and not just on a given kit.

We can only review a product IF the company sends us one to review (or say...sends us a replacement for a Dead On a Arrival unit, etc etc). Some companies have been ducking us as we ALWAYS tell it like it is and we test the hell out of them to see if there is any hidden flaws. Not everyone likes that, some companies like getting guaranteed awards. Something we have never and will NEVER do. We unfortunately are not as big as Anad or the likes and that means companies can avoid us with very little back-lash so if a line is iffy, it will be very difficult to get one to test. Does this mean that every unit we don't review has issues? Nope we aren't big enough to do this full time either, so even great kit will be missed. Sometimes it just comes down to lack of time and lack of units to give to smaller sites like us.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 4, 2010, 06:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Well that makes more sense. And it's too bad, but still, I really appreciate what you guys do... I hope HWC grows a bit more, but still maintains its high standards!
Old February 4, 2010, 06:47 AM
Banned
F@H

Why you think I trust so much AkG for the SSD. look at is avatar it tell everything..do you think a cheap representative can buy him...

and aside he save US hours of hours of pain reading start to be a rocket science to choose a SSD or even a HD ..look at all those specs...
Old February 4, 2010, 09:17 AM
MVP
F@H

AKG said: "Some companies have been ducking us as we ALWAYS tell it like it is"

After reading the Dominator review yesterday, that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the "thank you" to Corsair at the bottom.

And that is exactly why we are here.
Old February 4, 2010, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

^yup yup and yup