Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2010, 12:40 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Corsair Launching Nova and Reactor SSD Lineup

Corsair is looking to expand their already well regarded SSD lineup, and in a bit of a turn from the usual, have given the new lineup some catchy names; welcome the Nova and Reactor series. The Nova line introduces two new SSD's in 64GB and 128GB capacities, while the Reactor features 60GB & 120GB units; both utilize MLC (multi-level cell) NAN... [ Read full article ]
Old February 2, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

My Guess Is the Nova is a Indilinx based SSD and the Reactor is a Toshiba one.
Will be interesting to see what they turn out to be.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 2, 2010, 01:00 PM
Banned
F@H

they add an extra mini usb connector on the drive.. it's not a little expensive for external storage ?
Old February 2, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

lots of ssd have mini-usb. @ akg sounds about right what other controllers would they use. maybe just indilinx at different speeds with different nand. just guessing

speeds look ok for there price.
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...acture=Corsair

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...acture=Corsair

Last edited by gingerbee; February 2, 2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old February 3, 2010, 12:33 PM
MVP

looking forward to reviews, it might end up on my planned summer "upgrade the newer system to raided SSDs for speeeeed" list

Last edited by dragoonxx; February 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: missing word for clarification