Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2010, 12:40 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Corsair Launching Nova and Reactor SSD Lineup

Corsair is looking to expand their already well regarded SSD lineup, and in a bit of a turn from the usual, have given the new lineup some catchy names; welcome the Nova and Reactor series. The Nova line introduces two new SSD's in 64GB and 128GB capacities, while the Reactor features 60GB & 120GB units; both utilize MLC (multi-level cell) NAN... [ Read full article ]
Old February 2, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

My Guess Is the Nova is a Indilinx based SSD and the Reactor is a Toshiba one.
Will be interesting to see what they turn out to be.
"If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." -JR

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 2, 2010, 01:00 PM

they add an extra mini usb connector on the drive.. it's not a little expensive for external storage ?
Old February 2, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

lots of ssd have mini-usb. @ akg sounds about right what other controllers would they use. maybe just indilinx at different speeds with different nand. just guessing

speeds look ok for there price.

Fav quote "One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret." Ronin Harris

Last edited by gingerbee; February 2, 2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old February 3, 2010, 12:33 PM

looking forward to reviews, it might end up on my planned summer "upgrade the newer system to raided SSDs for speeeeed" list

Last edited by dragoonxx; February 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: missing word for clarification