Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2010, 11:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Silverstone Prepares Strider Essentials PSU

Going on their success from the Strider Plus series, Silverstone announces a new succession of PSU's for the everyday user. Enter the Strider Essentials. The Strider Essential will be offered in two varieties once it hits e-tailers online. Their 400W version features a single 12V rail with active PFC and enough connectors to get you entry level sy... [ Read full article ]
Old February 1, 2010, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Comparing to their previous strider this one look great and well priced. Is silverstone trying to get more psu market place???why not they are a great company and make some of the best product out here some strider plus are awesome PSU and their case are outstanding. Go silverstone!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 1, 2010, 01:20 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Let's see who the manufacturer is before we go and praise it. Silverstone has a pretty good track record, but they've also had a few rotten apples in recent times (700W+ Element series).
Old February 1, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Let's see who the manufacturer is before we go and praise it. Silverstone has a pretty good track record, but they've also had a few rotten apples in recent times (700W+ Element series).
Where did you get manf info? you know it for like every PSU out here and I have search for many but can't find them

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 1, 2010, 01:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Where did you get manf info? you know it for like every PSU out here and I have search for many but can't find them

The UL (Underwriters Lab) certification number or the CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Number on the Sticker of the PSU will give you the OEM information. As is true with all electrical devices sold in Canada.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 1, 2010, 01:43 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
The UL (Underwriters Lab) certification number or the CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Number on the Sticker of the PSU will give you the OEM information. As is true with all electrical devices sold in Canada.

ST
Most of the larger brands have their own UL numbers, so you can't use that to track manufacturer info. The only surefire way is to open up the PSU and examine the internals.