Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27, 2010, 09:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Mushkin Announces Their New PSU Lineup

Mushkin a leading memory manufacturer has announced today its new entries into the PSU market. Enter the Mushkin Volta and Joule. It seems more common lately that manufacturers are expanding their horizons from their more common Lineup. Offered to the masses in two formats, these PSU's look to appeal to both the entry level computer builder and th... [ Read full article ]
Old January 27, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Interested in seeing a HWC review of the Joule model(s).
Old January 27, 2010, 09:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm interested to see more details released and to find out who the OEM is for these units.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 27, 2010, 10:13 AM

Topower is Mushkin's OEM. It has been from the start and I've heard nothing about them making a switch.
Old January 27, 2010, 01:05 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I do believe these are Topower. And that means that the Volta models will probably be decent but nothing special. The last high-wattage Topower PSUs I've heard about on the market are the Powerbird models, which are good but compared to more modern high-end PSUs are a bit inefficient and use a traditional independently-regulated design rather than a DC-DC VRM approach on the secondary. Hopefully these Joule models will turn out well.
Old January 27, 2010, 01:07 PM

Powerbird are not bad and the high end mushkins (1kw) are decent too. A review would answer all the questions either way.
Old January 27, 2010, 01:20 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Like I said, the Powerbird units are good, but they use an old design and are not especially efficient. I'd like to see a more modern design for a flagship PSU.
Old January 27, 2010, 02:06 PM

1200w $250ish

NCIX.com - Buy Mushkin Joule 1200W ATA 12V 20/24PIN Power Supply - MKNPS1200-A In Canada.

$225 for the 1kw.