Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2010, 10:07 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Kingston Launches 512GB SSDNow V+ and Adds TRIM Support

Kingston Digital today announced the release of the second-generation SSDNow V+ solid-state drive. The SSDNow V+ solid-state drive has Windows 7 TRIM support, is available up to 512GB and provides faster performance than the previous generation. ?The new SSDNow V+ is an ideal solid-state drive for high-level consumers and in corporate environments... [ Read full article ]
Old January 25, 2010, 10:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Can't wait to see 1TB SSD under 200$

2000$ is way to much for the capacity, sure the speed is there, but it's not enough to justify the price IMO
Old January 25, 2010, 10:42 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Does Kingston still make the 40gb? The family of SSDs listed doesn't include it, and I thought the ones like 64 and 128 and 256 weren't supposed to be that good. Would this be another sub-par SSD?
Old January 25, 2010, 10:47 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

This sounds like a refresh of the V+ series. It will be interesting to see if the V+ is still a Samsung controller based line. :)

As to your question Iphikratous, the original SSDNow V (eg 64,128,etc) were JMircon based controllers (albeit an improved version w/ a small amount of cache). I can see them being phased out PDQ. The SSDnow V 40GB is an Intel based drive. Cant see that one going anywhere for awhile, considering Intel recently came out with their own Intel branded version of it. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 25, 2010, 11:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I wish Kingston would make their naming less painful to try to remember. But.. that's an astronomical price for a single drive.
Old January 26, 2010, 04:57 AM
Unregistered

Default TRIM?

And now where exactly is this TRIM firmware? There is no sign of it on Kingston website..