Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default that judge

If they come in to canada i know what my next mony making venture is (probiton has nothing on this)
Old January 24, 2010, 08:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Rambus needs to be eradicated from the earth. Rambus memory on P4s was beyond epic fail. Overpriced and terrible performance.
I think Rambus has tried/or is suing every company that exists.
Old January 24, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
And here is what the patent claim has:

Are.....you....kidding.....me?
LOL. Those aren't even really allowed to be patented haha. I used to make those in my mock chip diagrams in Quartus...
Old January 24, 2010, 11:50 PM
MVP

My System Specs

they are just out for easy money. GOD!, some peoples children.
Old January 25, 2010, 04:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This opinion may exceed the topic here but patents in general are a bad thing. Although they were originality supposed to protect intellectual property, patent law is so convoluted that its now quite difficult for someone to patent something. Plus you have cases like these where it's soooooo damn general it could be anything.
Old January 25, 2010, 06:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wow now invidia has to fork out money to a company that does nothing great so i guess we can watch the invidia gpu's go up in cost ha ha
Old January 25, 2010, 07:29 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thumbs down nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri5cui7 View Post
This opinion may exceed the topic here but patents in general are a bad thing. Although they were originality supposed to protect intellectual property, patent law is so convoluted that its now quite difficult for someone to patent something. Plus you have cases like these where it's soooooo damn general it could be anything.
Patent law (and copyright) was not designed to protect "Intellectual Property". IP is a modern buzz word coined by marketing wallahs. Both were designed to protect the right of original creators to profit from their creations and is working just fine from the point of view of those who make the laws. "Profit" has become a nasty world so they have to soften the blow by making up new and non threatening terms. Don't play that game.
Old January 25, 2010, 07:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i think the founding fathers said something like copyright/patents=6 years if your not going to make your money in the first 6 years then your never going to. i kinda agree. jm2cents and yes i want change ha ha
Old January 25, 2010, 08:15 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Hey I think they may have left out a few companies.. Lmao that is the broadest patent I have ever heard of... That is like patenting the CPU and saying " I'm suing any computer producer who uses a CPU "
Old January 25, 2010, 08:21 AM
Banned
F@H

If my memory is good, when Intel release the 850 with Rambus, all the other board that fallow was suppose to be on Rambus, but other company find the way to make run the P4 on Sdram, and after came the DDR. An Intel came back with DDR board... So I guess Rambus have some reason to hate everyone, they see their future end, with the release of the first Intel chipset working with Sdram,

Tags
lose suit , nividia