Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2010, 08:14 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Coolink Introduces its New Corator DS CPU Cooler

Featuring Coolink's exclusive Gapless Direct Touch (GDT) technology that allows for an all copper contact area, the Corator DS brings the concept of direct contact cooling to the next level by further improving heat transfer.Four large 8mm heatpipes, a dual fin stack design and a PWM controlled SWiF2 120mm fan are among the features that enable...

[ Read full article ]
Old January 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

That gapless direct touch looks really really neat and might solve the biggest problem with direct touch coolers.. Really hoping that HWC does a review and compared it against the Megalahems and that Noctua monstrosity.
Old January 20, 2010, 10:06 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayah View Post
. and that Noctua monstrosity.

With only 1 fan this CPU will not perform enough , if you put 3 fans , it will look like the monstrosity you name
Old January 20, 2010, 10:21 AM
Banned
F@H

The air flow is max 127 ml/h ? .. it's a typo error musst be read 127m3/h for square meter , that will make over 215 cfm ......not bad at all
Old January 20, 2010, 10:36 AM

My System Specs

I really wouldn't consider that direct touch, just a really really slim base
Old January 20, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its an error on the mfg'ers page. They state 127ml/h for this cooler's fan and do so again on the swif fan info page on their website:
Coolink - the cooler manufacturer

Looks like they were converting from Litres per min and typo'ed the nomenclature. As a more reasonable number is 74.75CFM which 127 meters/hour works out to be. (0.58857 x 127) ;)

LOL Lowfat. I was thinking the exact same thing as I was thinking it looked like they took a page from Zalman and their Flex. But the pics maybe misleading as it doesn't give a good side shot of it.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 20, 2010, 10:44 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Its an error on the mfg'ers page. They state 127ml/h for this cooler's fan and do so again on the swif fan info page on their website:

I know, I check it there too before post
Old January 20, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Thats what I figured MarkOne. Just wanted to make sure anyone else reading the news would see it too...and save them the hassle of converting to a more "standard" (here in N.A. anyways) unit of measurement. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr