Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2010, 07:49 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Their card is months behind, so they're months behind. And don't start claiming that their solution works better when there is no way for anyone to know that yet. Hypothetical and actual are different things. Once they're out, and assuming their new drivers don't brick more older cards, then a true comparison can be made.
You can't equate the development of the hardware with the progression of software. They are developed by different teams and one doesn't influence the other until it comes to implementation on said hardware. Like I said: traditionally, NVIDIA has stronger support among developers due to TWIMTBP which will be a boon when it comes to developing software for multi monitor support. From my understanding, 3D Vision Surround will be backwards compatible with 200-series cards and has been developed on them for some time now.

Quote:
I dont want anything on my head, glasses, goggles or otherwise. I don't even like headphones. But still, that was admittedly a personal opinion, but one that's shared with several people i know.
You won't have to wear it since NVIDIA will have support for multi-monitor gaming WITHOUT 3D Vision...

Quote:
Doesn't DP+ have greater bandwidth? Might be mistaken on that one.
Maybe you are right, maybe I am right but I don't think DP has a higher single direction bandwidth than HDMI....
Old January 8, 2010, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Waoh :
Quote:
You won't have to wear it since NVIDIA will have support for multi-monitor gaming WITHOUT 3D Vision...
This is confirmed ? So this means eyefinity will not be ATI only ? I am waiting if this is true..... There is a possible price war coming this summer WOOT !

Sky, you talked about computex for Nvidia numbers ? Does it means you dont forsee a launch before this summer ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old January 8, 2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
This is confirmed ? So this means eyefinity will not be ATI only ? I am waiting if this is true..... There is a possible price war coming this summer WOOT
It makes sense to me since the install base for 3D Vision is minimal at best. Plus, from what I understand, ATI doesn't have any patents or IP when it comes to multi monitor display.

Quote:
Sky, you talked about computex for Nvidia numbers ? Does it means you dont forsee a launch before this summer ?
No, what I was saying is that Computex is a logical show to launch a card at while CES is not due to its focus.

I think we will see Fermi numbers FAR in advance of Computex.
Old January 8, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

ok thanks. Pushing it a bit more :)

Any indication that Ferni part will have the same 2 x DVI + 1 x display port for tri LCD setup ?

Sold hardware again.....
Old January 8, 2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Any indication that Ferni part will have the same 2 x DVI + 1 x display port for tri LCD setup ?
Can't discuss that. Sorry.
Old January 8, 2010, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

If you cant discuss, it means you got some informations. And, if you have info, we should see it before to long.

Sold hardware again.....
Old January 8, 2010, 03:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
1. Math time! 6 million pixels is quoted directly from the press conference. 3x 1680x1050 = 5.29Mp, 3x 1920x1200 = 6.9Mp. So it's somewhere between the two OR they're exaggerating the triple 22'' setup. Either way it isn't as high res.
2. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But its still months behind Eyefinity - they could be reverse engineering it as we speak to get theirs to work. The point is, fermi is still only going to come out in what, april at the earliest?
3. I can downplay anything because its a personal opinion and one that has yet to be addressed, which is why my point is still valid. What percentage of the world has average or better eyesight in Both eyes? I would hedge my bets that there will be more like me that get nothing but migraines from using 3D glasses.
4. Its been demo'd and proven to exist. Launched or not, there is a card capable of doing it out there.
5. 6 monitors, not necessarily ideal for gaming anyway. How about 5? How about 5x of these: http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...g&promoid=1145 for $900, still costs less than a single 30'' panel and has the same cost as 3x 22'' 120Hz monitors @ $299 each. to each his own.
6. No DP? Has that been confirmed anywhere? I haven't seen a picture of working production Fermi GPU, so that cant really be confirmed. However, DP is the future and will eventually replace DVI and HDMI most likely, since it has more bandwidth and features than either. Not including DP on Fermi would probably be a mistake IMO.

2. March 2nd, not April.
3. If you have problems seeing 3D that means you probably have an underlying condition. Go see a optometrist, you have a problem of some sort.
4. Time will tell if they ever actually launch the card. Also, have fun playing 6-screen games on a 5870 that can barely cope with 3 screens.
5. Factor in the extra $600+ for DP adapters.
6. DP is not the future. DP was said to be the future. DP is nowhere now. It was a terrible move on ATI's part IMO. And it will not replace HDMI, trust me on that. Also, seeing as it is (presumably) a 2 card solution, you can use ports off each card. Unless it has all DP plugs, you're covered.
Old January 8, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

another thing I dont get : They said that surround gaming could be experienced with gt200, how ? There was never any gt200 card able to connect 3 monitors in my experience ? Or did they meant that one gt200 could do 3d ? wich we already knew !

edit :

I guess I did answer my own question, hard(ocp), here is the quote :

We have multiple demos on the show floor. Here’s the breakdown:

The booth in the grand lobby is running on dual GTX285s and three Acer projectors. The projectors are 720p using CRT connectors.

SLI ? 3 DVI, no disply port.... seems interesting.....

Sold hardware again.....

Last edited by matsta31; January 8, 2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old January 8, 2010, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
another thing I dont get : They said that surround gaming could be experienced with gt200, how ? There was never any gt200 card able to connect 3 monitors in my experience ? Or did they meant that one gt200 could do 3d ? wich we already knew !
2 cards in SLI my friend.

EDIT: Snap, beat me to it!
Old January 8, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

lol ninja'd !

Sold hardware again.....