Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

dude it's just sales pitch. sounds like someone doesn't like Kingston. hwc gotta get paid too. personal i just ignore most of these posts. if your into tech you don't need hwc sales pitch post to find out what's new.
Old January 10, 2010, 12:26 PM
Banned
F@H

I don't know what I will do with out Kingston, they make memory for everything ... you need a special memory for a laptop, they do it.. They may be not the Ferrari of the memory, but they are there when I need them. I use to have good service from Shikatronik too , just on south shore of Montreal , but they close in 2008.
Old January 13, 2010, 09:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
dude it's just sales pitch. sounds like someone doesn't like Kingston. hwc gotta get paid too. personal i just ignore most of these posts. if your into tech you don't need hwc sales pitch post to find out what's new.

Not to step out of my shell for a second. But Sales Pitch? Really? Is that what you believe?

First off I don't personally own any kingston ATM, I don't get paid by Kingston to say anything. I write news for free for the members here in case they miss something.

And Kingston has done a good job over the years with memory for just about every application.
So please refrain from stating something which is so incorrect.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 13, 2010, 09:53 AM

To imagine that Kingston ISN'T at the forefront of memory technology development is just plain silly. They are an ENORMOUS player in the PC (and other) memory market, whether they are competitive in the ub3r enthusiast space or not.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old January 13, 2010, 09:58 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Agreed. Kingston is very successful in the mainstream market, which is where all the $ is. Remember us enthusiast types are a very small proportion of the market.
Old January 13, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quick Memo

You can tell what the "Press Releases" are by the press release icon at the right of the title or the PR button on the news story module on the front page. Those are the stories that generally include a bit of a "sales pitch" as they are written by the companies themselves. They do often contain valuable information about the product, but you do occasionally have to read between the lines, or at least skip the first sentence.