Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16, 2009, 12:55 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
Buddy have you seen the shat your spewing here? Your worse then those nerds on that Fanboys movie. Do something productive with your pc where time is $$ and see your attitude change. I stuck it out with AMD through thick and thin since 95' and they just couldnt deliver performance needed at all for production.
Owch. Such cruel words that I don't care about.
Simple: Not an AMD fanboy, im Anti-Intel. Why? Gee... do you really have to ask? Read the news.
Old December 16, 2009, 01:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Keep it Civil in here guys.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 16, 2009, 01:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Keep it Civil in here guys.

ST
But i wanted to keep it CMP (computer), i was trying to make a lame engineering joke
Old December 16, 2009, 01:09 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
- Show me how different Nehalem is, please. I see nothing revolutionary there. Just smaller dies.
Real World Technologies - Inside Nehalem: Intel's Future Processor and System
First Look at Nehalem Microarchitecture - X-bit labs
Quote:
- Intel took the integrated memory controller and will be vying for onboard gpu cores as well, a direct ripoff of AMD's fusion plans.
Do you honestly believe that Intel wasn't planning on integrating GPU cores onto their dies before Fusion was announced? Intel has been in the GPU business for much longer than AMD has (AMD, not ATI; ATI doesn't count since they were an acquisition).
Quote:
- Can I get some proof that AMD has copied Intel recently? Anywhere? Yes, I know in the OLD OLD days their architectures were very similar - no one knew how to make anything differently back then. But how about recently?
There architectures weren't similar, AMD literally reverse-engineered Intel's 8080 CPU and started making clones. Later on, they were contracted by Intel to manufacture their x86 designs. And as for AMD copying Intel, how about the idea of multi-core CPUs? Intel were the first company to announce and produce them. L3 cache is another thing AMD copied from Intel. Intel was the first to use L3 cache in a consumer CPU with the Gallatin core Pentium 4 Extreme Edition CPUs.
Quote:
- i5 is a platform thats either A) going to die an early death because Intel is stupidly using two different socket types, with i7 being more future-proof and popular OR B) will be replaced (forcing the fanboys to buy anew) when they start integrating gpu cores, which will of course also require new motherboards (aka, G'bye P55 longevity).
AM3 is a platform that was dead before it was even released because A) It still uses AMD's dated Phenom II architecture which is less efficient even than Intel's 45nm Core 2 CPUs, and B) Because they won't be releasing any CPUs on it that use a different architecture, so it's already at its performance ceiling, and C) Because AMD's next architecture will be Bulldozer in 2011 at the earliest, which will necessitate a new socket as well. The only improvements AMD will be making to their product lineup until Bulldozer will be die shrinks and more cores (Thuban), which is exactly what you're criticizing Intel for doing. The difference is that Intel has been steadily making architectural improvements to their CPUs since the introduction of Core 2. The only things AMD has done have been Phenom (a failure) and Phenom II (still lacking in performance compared to the competition).

Also, LGA1156 was designed with support in mind for CPUs with integrated GPUs. The H55 and H57 chipsets will be released soon along with the 32nm Clarkdale CPUs, and those two combined make up Intel's future integrated GPU platform.
Old December 16, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And then the war begin! seriously guys this thread is more coming like the Maginot ligne during WW2.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 16, 2009, 02:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
And then the war begin! seriously guys this thread is more coming like the Maginot ligne during WW2.
OMG I had such a good joke but I'd get flamed for it...so I will just leave it alone I have seen some of the OC numbers from the current samples out there, and I gotta say that it has flamed a desire for me to get one. Enough that I've tossed my lanbox idea OUT the window
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 16, 2009, 02:36 PM
Banned
F@H

If I read right it's around $ 1000 ...that's the price of a EE, I think it's a fair price for a cutting edge CPU. If I'm not wrong the Xeon 6 core is over $ 3000 no ? Don't expect 6 cores at $ 300.
Old December 16, 2009, 02:38 PM
MVP

My System Specs

If they came out with a cheaper equivalent (Like the I7 920 compared to the I7 975) I would buy it in an instant. altho, It's not like i have to worry about my Proc being beaten by anything other then a Intel based chip. even at stock my C2Q spanks bottoms
Old December 16, 2009, 02:39 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
If I'm not wrong the Xeon 6 core is over $ 3000 no ?
Dunnington is a different beast entirely, and is also a server-grade chip so the pricing scheme is completely different compared to the consumer CPUs we're talking about.
Old December 16, 2009, 02:48 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post

and without reason. Intel Produce a 6 cores, good, AMD will fallow, Intel will not stand in their position they will improve, if AMD came with something better Bravo, we will only benefit form it. I have no color, I don't make politic, so I buy what fit more my shoes, this 6 cores is on my list, I enrol to an autocad training, and I want a WS for rendering, so I will get the best one, at the time I will be ready. Of course I will wait for some review, but for now it's this 6 core or 2 quad xeon, an at $ 1000, standard x58 board, I will save few thousands for sure.