Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16, 2009, 11:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default ASUS Revises Their HD5770 With a New Cooler

ASUS never seems satisfied when it comes to their video card designs. Seeking to constantly improve their card cooling potential, the announce a revised HD5770 dubbed CuCore. For those of us who don't have our periodic table of elements handy, Cu is the elemental symbol for copper. This approprietly named Video Card is not shy when it comes to tha... [ Read full article ]
Old December 16, 2009, 11:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ASUS, please stop making a different custom heatsink fans for every models of GPU available on the planet. Thank you.

Old December 16, 2009, 11:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I disagree with you on that one.

I have an ASUS ENGTX260 Matrix, and it is almost 20 Full Degrees Cooler Folding than a Reference Cooled EVGA one.

So, I applaud them and their various designs. They actually work as advertised.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 16, 2009, 11:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

They made an aweful lot of aweful designs too. 8600GT/GTS and the Matrix/Formula whatever they are/were quite crappy or noisy. I agree with the 260, but you need to wire your case to prevent the long card from bending under the weight of the cooler.

Old December 16, 2009, 12:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwik View Post
They made an aweful lot of aweful designs too. 8600GT/GTS and the Matrix/Formula whatever they are/were quite crappy or noisy. I agree with the 260, but you need to wire your case to prevent the long card from bending under the weight of the cooler.

Seeing as how I have one of the only ones in North America for the Matrix, you are wrong again.

This card doesn't bend one bit, and I've had it in and out.

If your going to make comments like that, at least back it up with real life experience or fact please.

Again, ASUS designs might have some hit or miss ones, but for the most part they are extremely solid and very useful.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 16, 2009, 04:36 PM
Rookie

Default Asus making good coolers? Are you out of your mind?

Nvidia's GeForce GTX 285 and 295 graphics cards - The Tech Report - Page 4

Some info for Kiwik... Asus is the worst maker when it comes to making coolers. I got 2 EAH4850 TOP in crossfire... and without additional cooling solution, the cards crash due to heat.

They should just leave ATI reference cooler on... there never was so much problems with graphic cards then now because manufacturers are trying to save some money without the use of the reference cooler specifically engineered by ATI and Nvidia... I think both company knows more about coolers for graphic card than Asus will ever know.
Asus M4A78T-E
HIS 6850 in crossfire (OC @ 840 MHz)
OCZ Fatal1ty 750 W
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Sony BDUX10S Blu-Ray
HT Omega Striker
Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 20EARS
120 GB OCZ Vertex SSD
Old December 16, 2009, 10:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Seeing as how I have one of the only ones in North America for the Matrix, you are wrong again.

This card doesn't bend one bit, and I've had it in and out.

If your going to make comments like that, at least back it up with real life experience or fact please.

Again, ASUS designs might have some hit or miss ones, but for the most part they are extremely solid and very useful.

ST
I thought you had the Glaciator one with the heavy copper cooler in the mid of the card with nothing else but PCB.

The crappy matrix was used in the 8800GT with the uncovered fan design, it looked like yours, but with only one fan. Here : http://www.geeks3d.com/public/jegx/2...id-cooling.jpg

With the number of bended 3850/3870/8800GT GL I've seen at work (and I work where Martin works), I think I can safely say they are bendy and the coolers are quite loud for the performances you get. This cooler isn't so good either : http://computermonger.com/wp-content...50_512MB_1.jpg

Asus is safe on a few selected models, or if you buy the reference design boards, but then you could just buy anything else and it'd be the same thing.

Old December 16, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well...I have to agree this time...the cooler is a bit fugly...now let's see how it will do. Kiwik is right Asus have to many fan design and the problem with that is...one day you have a great cooler and 3 week later you have a newer model with a ugly noisy fan?? GTX 260 was perfect with the stock cooler then they add the GL+ same for the 4850 and the GTS 250/4870 with the DK cooler WTH, when the fan spin to 3000RMP I can't stand next to it.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 17, 2009, 07:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Does anyone think this card is capable of being a single slot solution?