Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Intel will also launch their six cores hyper-threading chip around the same time. And rumor is : it will be X58 compatible. So for the crown, I think Intel has it without to much effort until at least 2011-2012 or buldozer (AMD version of instruction per core maximisation). The thing we should be looking for in 2010 is 6 cores pricing vs current i7.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old December 10, 2009, 02:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So, you could put in 6 video cards for GPGPU drawing 75W from the PCI-E bus each.. 450W to graphics cards in addition to a macho processor.
And you'd be the king in total processing power. I can't wait to see the setups this will bring.
Old December 10, 2009, 02:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Intel will also launch their six cores hyper-threading chip around the same time. And rumor is : it will be X58 compatible. So for the crown, I think Intel has it without to much effort until at least 2011-2012 or buldozer (AMD version of instruction per core maximisation). The thing we should be looking for in 2010 is 6 cores pricing vs current i7.
Difference will be very easy.

Intel < AMD when it comes to price vs performance. Which is why AMD is winning in market share these days. Intel might make the fastest chips, but AMD makes very good chips at 100 less.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 10, 2009, 06:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, at least it doesn't look like it makes my 790FX seem TOO obsolete. =[
Old December 10, 2009, 06:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Difference will be very easy.

Intel < AMD when it comes to price vs performance. Which is why AMD is winning in market share these days. Intel might make the fastest chips, but AMD makes very good chips at 100 less.

ST
Im by no means an intel fanboy(in fact this i5 is my first intel I have ever owned except laptop chips), but my i5 750 @ 4.2ghz destroys my old phenom 965 @ 3.9ghz(highest i could clock it) and the prices are roughly the same. Hate to say it, but the price/perfomance ratio isnt there anymore when intels lowest end new processor spanks amd's current highest end processor for the same price.

Now on the multi core processing side (x3 and x4) athlon chips definatly have that section, but with possibly cheap hyperthreaded i3 and i5 dual core chips they could get a good run for thier money.

I do hope that AMD pulls thier pants up soon and gets something out that give intel a run for thier money in the performance sector so I can get an AMD again.
Old December 10, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
Im by no means an intel fanboy(in fact this i5 is my first intel I have ever owned except laptop chips), but my i5 750 @ 4.2ghz destroys my old phenom 965 @ 3.9ghz(highest i could clock it) and the prices are roughly the same. Hate to say it, but the price/perfomance ratio isnt there anymore when intels lowest end new processor spanks amd's current highest end processor for the same price.

Thats exactly what a fan boi would say. Every word.

your old PH II was a C2, but with the C3 the 4ghz can be had for the average joe. and 4.1-4.3ghz under 1.55V on air.

And the 890FX is likely to be sold for $200CAD, Since it was made to replace the 790FX. And its AMD enthusiast board.

Anyways, SEXY board for sure. MSI makes great boards.
Old December 10, 2009, 06:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post

Now on the multi core processing side (x3 and x4) athlon chips definatly have that section, but with possibly cheap hyperthreaded i3 and i5 dual core chips they could get a good run for thier money.

I do hope that AMD pulls thier pants up soon and gets something out that give intel a run for thier money in the performance sector so I can get an AMD again.
This is where you are wrong though for price and performance because you are looking at just the CPU.

You know what I did to put an AM3 into my mATX board? I flashed my BIOS.

If I wanted to go i5 that = RAM/MB/CPU/CPU Cooler.

Sorry man, AMD FTW there.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 10, 2009, 08:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yup I can get a $50 mobo and put a 965 in there and some cheap DDR3 ram and you have a cheap but powerful system. AMD still is king for price/performance but sadly they don't have a single chip that can compete with i7.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."