Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2009, 10:48 PM
HaDeS

yes belgolas however the stock coolers are mounted by a rigid system... its straight and flat so it really doesn't allow the card to warp and bend nearly as much as the aftermarket coolers can. I should take a picture of my 7800 gt to show you what i mean.
Old December 14, 2009, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

I am using the 5870 with the factory fan.
With the GPU running 100% and fan at 50% it will never go over 70 degrees with a reasonable noise level.
The problem I see with this solution, like with most other aftermarket coolers, they don't exaust the hot air to the outside of the case and that for me make them inferior to what I have rigth now.
If I have to design something better, it will be creating a wind tunnel with larger unobstructed output and a larger fan drawing cool outside air.
Hot air should never be exausted to the inside of the case, and the same goes for the CPU.