Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default A-Data Updates XPG SX95 & S592 SSD with New Windows 7 TRIM Firmware

A-DATA Technology today announced that it has commenced volume shipments of its XPG? SX95 and S592 2.5? SATA II SSD, preconfigured with latest firmware for optimize with Windows® 7 TRIM(*1) feature. Moreover, the latest firmware updates are also available for free download for current XPG? SX95 and S592 2.5? SATA II SSD users. The XPG? SX95 and S59... [ Read full article ]
Old December 9, 2009, 11:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

the update processes is kinda messed up or should i say a pain in the butt
Old January 12, 2010, 12:31 PM
Trial Member

I currently have an A-Data 64Gb S592 SSD and am having some difficulty updating the firmware from 1571 to 1848...I have downloaded the firmware update and have put it on a flash drive like they have indicated but am not able to boot from it for some reason...has anyone been able to complete the upgrade process yet? and are there any tricks that they have not indicated on their posted instructions?
Old January 12, 2010, 02:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup had a b1tch of a time getting to work cause they say to make a bootable dvd well i have not been able to get that to work but this worked for me. How to format a USB memory key

after you do everything just copy over the files then change boot order so the flash key it first. At boot tap space bar you should get nothing but a blank DOS screen then type dir to make sure that you are in the right place to run the update. you should see the flash utility run it and flash away just make sure your in ide mode or it won't work.

PS really easy for me this way the way they say to do it is a pain in the but and from what i can tell won't work on a bootable dvd.
Old January 12, 2010, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

throwing up some benchies . so you can oh I forgot i would recommend going right to 1819 because the ocz wiper worked real proper on this firmware.
ok first a read then write on firmware 1571
the second batch are read write then one after wiper
Attached Images