Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2009, 10:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Gigabyte Leads the Pack - SATA 6GB/s , USB 3.0

Gigabyte inspires many with their revolutionary designs and amazing support. Living up to this tradition is their latest AM3 offering for the market. Featuring the long awaited SATA 6GB/s and USB 3.0 support.When it was first announced that USB 3.0 and SATA 6GB/s was going to be released the enthusiasts and home users lined up waiting for the launc... [ Read full article ]
Old November 24, 2009, 10:17 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

/Drooling.

Old November 24, 2009, 11:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So, my understanding is that if I were to connect my case (an Antec 900) to this motherboard, my USB ports at the front are still going to be limited to 2.0 speeds, amirite? While I could get full 3.0 speeds by connecting to the ports in the back.
Old November 24, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This..is one of the best board I have seen this years. Very hope to see some result soon.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 24, 2009, 12:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
So, my understanding is that if I were to connect my case (an Antec 900) to this motherboard, my USB ports at the front are still going to be limited to 2.0 speeds, amirite? While I could get full 3.0 speeds by connecting to the ports in the back.

Front Side USB should still have a connector for 3.0 to the front, though that is unknown but I can dig and see what I can find.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 24, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

USB 3 will need USB 3 ports. They are backwards compatible...but not forwards ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 24, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

When I saw the title about usb 3.0 I never tought it was a intel board, but intel board and Metaphor Drooling... does not compute....

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old November 24, 2009, 12:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
When I saw the title about usb 3.0 I never tought it was a intel board, but intel board and Metaphor Drooling... does not compute....

Its AM3 mate :)

And AKG thanks for the Info on that. Thats what I thought but was not 100%.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 24, 2009, 01:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hope this is out by the time I'm going to do a build. Looks awesome.
Old November 24, 2009, 08:28 PM
Rookie

I'm willing to hold off till this comes out.

If it's anything like the P55 Gigabyte has out there will be specific usb 3.0 ports and the rest will be 2.0 just like they did with the usb 1.0 ports.
We Canadians live in a blind spot about our identity. We have very strong feelings about who we aren't but only weak ones about who we are. We're passionate about what we don't want to become but oddly passive about what we should be. - John Cruickshank