Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10, 2009, 11:21 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Intel Looks to Launch New "Pine-Trail" Atom Platform Early Next Year

Intel has already seen wild success with it's current generation Atom processor gaining nearly 90% of the netbook market and they hope to continue the trend with the upcoming "Pine Trail" platform.A report from X-bit labs claims that "?Intel is planning for a fast transition to Pine Trail. To generate excitement for the platform ahead of launch, I... [ Read full article ]
Old November 10, 2009, 12:00 PM
MVP

hopefully the power consumption value of the chipset has been brought in check...
Old November 15, 2009, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Default huh

i'd personally be alot more interested if they could make it actually output 720p/1080p smoothly at all times, like the main computer i currently use. i can assure you none of the current atom varieties consume even remotely close to the same amount of power as either my htpc laptop, or main computer, but i've yet to see an alternative to them if i want reliable HD from files.
Old November 19, 2009, 10:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

What the hell is the difference between the N450 and D410?
Old November 19, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone63 View Post
What the hell is the difference between the N450 and D410?
Cache size!
Old November 20, 2009, 07:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'd personally be alot more interested if they could make it actually output 720p/1080p smoothly at all times, like the main computer i currently use. i can assure you none of the current atom varieties consume even remotely close to the same amount of power as either my htpc laptop, or main computer, but i've yet to see an alternative to them if i want reliable HD from files.
well i have been able to get 720p perfect out of the old atoms so we might see the 1080p on these. just out of curiosity how does an unregistered person leave a message
Old November 20, 2009, 08:44 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
well i have been able to get 720p perfect out of the old atoms so we might see the 1080p on these. just out of curiosity how does an unregistered person leave a message
I was going to say the same thing, i have my entire hdd on my netbook filled with 720p bluray tv shows and the play with zero problems.Hell I even hook my netbook up to my tv if i want to watch somrthing quick on the fly.
What I dont get is the x86-x64 hype ,every single netbook ive even worked on or owned has had one ram slot and they dont make 4gb ddr2 SODIMM moduals that I am aware of so its wasted money in my opinion.
Old November 20, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
I was going to say the same thing, i have my entire hdd on my netbook filled with 720p bluray tv shows and the play with zero problems.Hell I even hook my netbook up to my tv if i want to watch somrthing quick on the fly.
What I dont get is the x86-x64 hype ,every single netbook ive even worked on or owned has had one ram slot and they dont make 4gb ddr2 SODIMM moduals that I am aware of so its wasted money in my opinion.
do sometimes with the wifes netbook handy have vga out ah