Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30, 2009, 06:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Wind Mobile's launch postoned as the CRTC encours more of my hatred

The CRTC has decided that Wind is not Canadian enough to operate in Canada, personally I find this outrageous.

If not Canadian enough means that it would encourage competition, lower prices, move us forward I don't personally want to be Canadian. The CRTC is so full of idiots and bigots that I fail to see how it is still in operation. I fail to see how relevant how Canadian a company is, I say open the floodgates up, lets get out of the past.

Wind's statement. WIND | A Bad Day for Canadians and Wireless Competition in Canada
Old October 30, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is pretty sad, although I don't know a whole alot about the overall situation, I do feel that the CRTC is and has been far too heavy handed over the last 20 years when it comes to telecommunictions competition and this is a perfect example. My son-in-law is one of the higher ups at WIND and I'll be talking to him tomorrow to see what he has to say and what info he can shed on all of this.

Old October 30, 2009, 09:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The CRTC is full of fail. Someone needs to get rid of the people making decisions there.
Old October 31, 2009, 02:29 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Dissolve the CRTC

they're close to the 10k signatures they want, so get everybody you know to sign.
Old October 31, 2009, 12:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygard View Post
Dissolve the CRTC

they're close to the 10k signatures they want, so get everybody you know to sign.
I signed. The question becomes, will they do anything about the petition?
Old October 31, 2009, 02:30 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It's time for a big company to be put down by the CRTC. That way, the company in question will have the power, lawyers and money to bring the sham that is the CRTC to court over the legality of its finding.
Old October 31, 2009, 02:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
It's time for a big company to be put down by the CRTC. That way, the company in question will have the power, lawyers and money to bring the sham that is the CRTC to court over the legality of its finding.
That'd be entertaining. Got a plan?
Old October 31, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Wow, just wow....
Old October 31, 2009, 04:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Allowing foreign companies to siphon profits out of the country is bad for Canada. If you think it is bad now, wait until these assets are owned by a small hand full of transationals. The CRTC is full of fail but it will take more than this to convince me this is a bad move.

A cute set of "values" and a blog do not make a good corporate citizen. All I see is a lot of talk about how they are being bullied. That is not at all surprising since it is easier to market a hate fest for Bell and Rogers than to try and get people to understand the intricacies of Canadian business law. However, since they refuse to even attempt to defend themselves I doubt they can. These folks are not going to give up (good for them) but I bet when they get rolling the offering will have little more than a token differentiation from the Big Three's offering. In other words they are just blowing wind up our assets.

I guess those job offers for three hundred wage slaves are off the table, now.
Old October 31, 2009, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

definately not happy. saw this the day AFTER i was looking at their site. **** you CRTC...

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!