Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27, 2009, 12:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default The Latest Generation of Motherboards Shown in the ASUS P6X58D Premium

When it comes to the cutting edge of technology ASUS has always been a leader in the industry. With USB 3.0 and SATA 6GB/s looming on the horizon it is only natural they announce a new wave of Motherboards supporting this technology; enter the P6X58D.

To many, this board is somewhat older news, as we first saw images back in July when it was origi... [ Read full article ]

Last edited by FiXT; October 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old October 27, 2009, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh goodies i was looking for a new board know i have reason to wait
Old October 27, 2009, 01:18 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I wonder if any company will have shipping USB3.0 products by then.
Old October 27, 2009, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
oh goodies i was looking for a new board know i have reason to wait
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayah View Post
I wonder if any company will have shipping USB3.0 products by then.
Doubtful. Intel said something about delays untill Q2 or 3 2010 for some reason. I think I read it on dailytech.

Edit: Actually, wouldnt this require a redesign of the X58 chip, or the addition of a new ICH southbridge at minimum to support USB3? Hrm, maybe reason for a X6x chipset, much like P35/45?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 28, 2009, 07:13 AM
Rookie

Already bought gigabyte ex58-extreme. It doesnt have usb 3, but I am sure that it will not come in next couple days anyway.
I7 920 D0 @ x.xx ghz, Gigabyte eX58-eXtreme, Corsair Dominator Gt 1866 7-8-7-20, Ati Radeon 4890's in crossfireX, Super Talent Ultradrives 64gb in raid 0, Maxtor 300gb storage, Corsair tx850W, Antec 900, Zalman reserator with Swiftech Apogee GTZ waterblock. Z5500 speakers, g35 headset, g15 keyboard, g5 mouse and steelseries gaming pad.
Old October 28, 2009, 07:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this board is asus not gigabyte is that board supposed to have usb 3? and the board you mentioned has been out for a while GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EX58-EXTREME (rev. 1.0) so why would you think it had usb 3 these are different boards from different company's
confused by your statement
Old October 28, 2009, 08:46 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think he meant that he just got a board without USB 3, doesn't think it's supposed to either. But he's not worried because USB 3 "will not come in next couple days anyway".
Old October 28, 2009, 08:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh sorry i am just have a flu morning that makes sense
Old October 28, 2009, 09:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

For anyone with boards that don't have USB or SATA 3.0 there is a company that will be releasing PCI-e 1x cards to support this technology. So its not totally lost if you don't have one with these features.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 28, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Actually Gigabyte did announce boards with SATA 3 and USB 3 earlier this month.

GIGABYTE 333 Onboard Acceleration

One thing I didn't notice at first was that this Asus board is 1366, the Gigabyte ones are 1156.

Either way I sure wouldn't kick that GA-P55A-UD6 out of my test bed.