Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default ATI Catalyst 9.10 WHQL Drivers Released

Despite the fact that ATI had a major product launch nearly a month ago, their first set of updated drivers since the launch has only just been released. The Catalyst 9.10 drivers cropped up for download on the ATI website only moments ago and hopefully, they should help to alleviate any problems owners of the new ATI GPU's have been experiencing.... [ Read full article ]
Old October 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I was playing around with these last night. Identical performance with most cards to the 9.9 / 9.10 Betas. They do however improve stability in Crysis Warhead for the HD 5870.

Last edited by SKYMTL; October 23, 2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old October 22, 2009, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Did they break anything though? :P
Old October 22, 2009, 01:50 PM

Yes. Installation for me is still broken as hell going from the betas I was using to the WHQL. The only way around that was either ONLY installing the driver without the CCC or uninstalling the driver, installing an Nvidia card + driver, uninstalling the NV card and then reinstalling the ATI drivers.
Old October 22, 2009, 03:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Yes. Installation for me is still broken as hell going from the betas I was using to the WHQL. The only way around that was either ONLY installing the driver without the CCC or uninstalling the driver, installing an Nvidia card + driver, uninstalling the NV card and then reinstalling the ATI drivers.
Do you think this is typical? Will others (me) expect the same sort of thing? I've already seemed to have a bad experience with upgrading drivers for the 5850...
Old October 22, 2009, 04:22 PM

I have come to expect anything and everything from ATI drivers. When something happens now -no matter how bizarre- I'm not even shocked.

Now I just roll my eyes and walk into the living room instead of getting frustrated. My girlfriend usually says: "ATI drivers again?". She knows nothing about computers but she knows ATI drivers and my reaction to them when they go wrong.
Old October 22, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I always find there beta's screwy but there drivers always work great for me. are they up to nvidia standards noway but getting better
Old October 22, 2009, 05:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I've ran nothing but ATI cards for the last 3 years since I got into PC building and gaming. Throughout all that time I've had issues installing drivers maybe twice........ maybe.
Maybe there's some software you're running that keeps giving you balls? Anti-virus program perhaps?
Old October 22, 2009, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
I've ran nothing but ATI cards for the last 3 years since I got into PC building and gaming. Throughout all that time I've had issues installing drivers maybe twice........ maybe.
Maybe there's some software you're running that keeps giving you balls? Anti-virus program perhaps?
I'm pretty sure he's not running anti-virus. He upgrades so often on his test benches. Bare minimum software needed only.
Old October 22, 2009, 06:24 PM

I have nadda on the test systems other than games and benchmark programs.

Trust me, it's their installers. Bloody .NET crap that's way overdue for an update.