Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For a minute, when I saw that they had bundled folding software with the driver, I thought there might have been some improvement in that regard. Don't think so though.
Old October 22, 2009, 08:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ugh ... AGAIN! Didn't I just install new drivers. Oh well ... I've always used ATI cards in my personal rigs and never had any major issues, nor have I had any trouble installing drivers. I can't fault them for that but this constant flow of new drivers is getting kind of annoying, lol.
Old October 22, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
I've ran nothing but ATI cards for the last 3 years since I got into PC building and gaming. Throughout all that time I've had issues installing drivers maybe twice........ maybe.
Maybe there's some software you're running that keeps giving you balls? Anti-virus program perhaps?

I'm with Sky on this one.

New ATI cards + new ATI drivers = something always borked, installation for me is generally a pain free process, but afterwards.... oh then the fun begins.

I suspect the reasons you havn't had issues may be due to the time between the cards release and the time you buy it, ATI usually manages to get things sorted out only a few months after release, but that is light years in computer terms.

Also maybe the rigor of tests you subject the cards to afterwards. Issues may not pop up with a handful of games, but when reviewers are often testing dozens there are always headaches with a few of them, and those eat up the most time and really stick in your brain.
Old October 23, 2009, 04:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't even know why they use the .NET software utilities. They need to go back to the drawing board and get rid of the "fancy" crap. Windows Aero does a fine job.
Old October 23, 2009, 06:30 AM
Allstar

Anyone knows if they fixed the Anno 1404 black terrain bug? Bug that they've made since 9.8