Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2009, 11:23 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default VisionTek and Bigfoot Launch Killer Xeno Pro NIC

VisionTek has teamed up with Bigfoot Networks to bring consumers in North America, Europe and Asia their latest Killer Xeno Pro network card, which promises to improve performance for gamers.EVGA has released its own version of the card a a few months earlier, and it seems that Bigfoot is taking a step back from the self manufacturing of their NIC... [ Read full article ]
Old October 22, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Do people buy these?
Old October 22, 2009, 11:26 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Yup

I for one still purchase an Intel Gigabit NIC for my PC's, and usually recommend people do so if they are looking to play online games and want the best frames.

These have come down a lot in price from when they were $200+

With a sub $100 price tag, I would say that I would definitely recommend one to someone purchasing a high end PC and who wants to get the most out of their system.
Old October 22, 2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post

With a sub $100 price tag, I would say that I would definitely recommend one to someone purchasing a high end PC and who wants to get the most out of their system.
When's the last time you did this?

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
When's the last time you did this?
The last time I was asked actually - sometime between January 2008 - March 2008, was the one of the original's when they were still $250.

Fellow was extremely happy with the choice as well. In total I think I recommended the product to 3 people, all of whom bought it and never heard a complain

All three of them were also dropping some heavy coin on a PC.... the product is all for the right buyer.

Obviously this isn't going to be a "Should I buy a Bigfoot NIC or upgrade from a 5850 to 5870" type recommendation. Though even on a budget, I still would say go for a OEM Intel NIC - For what like $30 its a good investment.

Last edited by FiXT; October 22, 2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old October 22, 2009, 11:53 AM

heh. okay fair enough ;)

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647