Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default NVIDIA GeForce GPUs Create Ultimate Gaming Platform with Windows 7

PC gaming experienced a major inflection point today with the release of Microsoft Corp.'s new Windows 7 operating system, which creates the ultimate gaming platform when combined with NVIDIA GeForce graphics processing units (GPUs)."New advances in parallel computing, physics, and, stereoscopic 3D have amplified the importance of the GPU," said... [ Read full article ]
Old October 22, 2009, 10:28 AM
MVP

ahaha.. this is hilarious.. nvidia is so pathetically behind they have to keep spewing out same info again and again.. funny enough, none of them have anything to do with Windows 7.. and directx 11? hah.. their ability to do DX11 is still MONTHS away

stereoscopic 3d? nobody cares

physx? gonna die

SLI? Been around a while and nothing to do with win7

this is just pure PR bullshit.. I feel sorry for the idiot who goes to win7 thinking he'll get something from dx11 or directcompute from his GT200 or lower

Video: 2x R9 290 @ 1050 / 1375 | ASUS VG248QE |

Audio: STX => Audioengine A5 / audio technica AD700X
Old October 22, 2009, 10:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah why are we posting NVIDIA marketing as news?
Old October 22, 2009, 11:03 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It is a press release and as such is news.
Old October 22, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

If ATI ever bothered to support HWC and send us their PR's we will post them as well

I don't go hunting for marketing PR's but if they are sent to me and they are semi relevant, they will be posted.
Old October 22, 2009, 11:10 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Seems like the ATI PR mindlessness is rubbing of on everyone.

Quote:
hah.. their ability to do DX11 is still MONTHS away
So? The ability of the GAMES THEMSELVES to do DX11 is still months away.

Quote:
stereoscopic 3d? nobody cares
Don't insult it until you have tried it. It's the only way I game these days unless a game doesn't support it.

Quote:
physx? gonna die
No. It is still one of the most used (because it is one of the easiest to program for) physics APIs on consoles. That alone means it will live a LONG time.

Quote:
this is just pure PR bullshit.. I feel sorry for the idiot who goes to win7 thinking he'll get something from dx11 or directcompute from his GT200 or lower
Say what? All G80 and higher GPUs support DirectCompute and OpenCL. What they don't support is DirectCompute 11 but the number of apps that will use the 11-series of DC will be extremely small due to companies wanting broad compatibility.

Gotta love the misinformation people have been getting....
Old October 22, 2009, 11:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
If ATI ever bothered to support HWC and send us their PR's we will post them as well

I don't go hunting for marketing PR's but if they are sent to me and they are semi relevant, they will be posted.
ziing!

Old October 22, 2009, 01:13 PM
MVP

How does PhysX being used on consoles mean anything for Win7 though? Its still going to die though.. proprietary crap like this is not going to survive in the face of an open standard.. its Glide all over again

Dirt 2 will be out before Fermi is out.. as will battleforge.. so nvidia is not ready for DX11 despite their claims

And stereoscopic might be cool, as was the first generation of 3d when it came out, but I don't want to game on a smaller monitor (I think 22 is the highest 120hz so far? ), nor do I want to pay that kind of money for something which is only realized with specific support of game and has no other benefit outside of it

Old October 22, 2009, 01:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
How does PhysX being used on consoles mean anything for Win7 though? Its still going to die though.. proprietary crap like this is not going to survive in the face of an open standard.. its Glide all over again

Dirt 2 will be out before Fermi is out.. as will battleforge.. so nvidia is not ready for DX11 despite their claims

And stereoscopic might be cool, as was the first generation of 3d when it came out, but I don't want to game on a smaller monitor (I think 22 is the highest 120hz so far? ), nor do I want to pay that kind of money for something which is only realized with specific support of game and has no other benefit outside of it
Glide? Glide != PhysX.

Glide is more like Direct3D over anything else.

I'd say Nvidia is in no rush to jump on the DX11 bandwagon after the epic fail DX10 was and personally it would be a good idea.
Old October 22, 2009, 01:23 PM
MVP

Clearly its not a rendering API, I'm saying Glide was a proprietary standard in the face of open ones like D3D an OpenGL and look what happened to it

DX11 has already been demonstrated to be a better revision.. better graphics AND better performance, unlike DX10