Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 2, 2009, 11:30 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default NVIDIA Fermi GT300 Video Cards A Fake?

Despite all the hype over the reveal of the new NVIDIA Fermi based video cards earlier this week at the GTC 2009 conference, it would appear NVIDIA is even further behind in production of their next gen technology than originally anticipated. So far behind in fact, that CEO Jen-Hsun Huang was forced to go onstage and proudly display a dummy card. ... [ Read full article ]
Old October 2, 2009, 12:13 PM
Top Prospect

Looks power hungry, I saw other pics, and it looks like there an 8pin at the back and 6pin on the side..

Old October 2, 2009, 12:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default too funny...

Looks like they're feeling the heat from ati so they had to stir up some hype about a card that isn't even close to production. "Oh wow, that card is so small!" is what they want us to think, but of course it looks small, its a fake so they can make it whatever dimensions they want.
Old October 2, 2009, 12:25 PM
MVP

Yep...pretty fake card...you should see how the solder doesn't even align to the power connectors..LOL!
Old October 2, 2009, 12:27 PM
Top Prospect

ROFL, my bad, I didn't even read the post just saw the picture :P haha.. I guess nvidia really has some catching up to do.
Old October 2, 2009, 12:38 PM
Allstar

Eh, no biggie. The looks are the last things to get refined on a product release. As for them wanting us to think the card is small, its the same size as the current cards. I can't see it getting any bigger so I'm not too certain what you're thinking they're trying to do.
Old October 2, 2009, 01:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Reading the preliminary information it will be well worth the wait, honestly, I won't be looking for a "next Gen" Card that produces a minimal gain from my current Cards, but something that will "blow me away", although the new ATI Cards are impressive, I think the best is still yet to come.....a few more months...no biggie!
Be a little while longer before I sell my 280's.... ;)

Old October 2, 2009, 01:19 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

While the card was a mock-up, the demos at the keynote were done on working hardware.
Old October 2, 2009, 01:43 PM
Top Prospect

But that working hardware might be so so big, or some other problems. If the speculations are right at the intro date of second quarter, man Nvidia is going down this time. Fermi has to be so powerful (maybe twice that of 5870) or Ati will just be able to catch up until then. This is assuming Fermi is more powerful than 5870 of course, like how Nvidia is so confident at it.
Old October 2, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ATI/AMD is going to LOVE the GPU market. Can't believe NVIDIA had to put up a fake GPU.