Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default NVIDIA GT300 - Codename Fermi - Detailed

A few features have finally be put to the blank face that has only been known as the GT300. A few key details of the upcoming NVIDIA generation of video cards have been leaked, the first of which is a name. Codenamed Fermi, after the developer of the first nuclear power reactor,Enrico Fermi, it appears to be quite suiting when looking at the rumour... [ Read full article ]
Old September 30, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds ridiculous...
Old September 30, 2009, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

3 billion transistors? thats ridiculous..
Old September 30, 2009, 10:54 AM
Allstar

sad, and we alll thought ATI was going to pull an AMD again. :C
Old September 30, 2009, 11:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

3 billionand guess what, she can drive your kids out when always giving a awesome performance of gamin in DX11 game. I wont belive before I see! maybe are they all 2 GPU card so 1.5+1.5 make 3?

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 30, 2009, 11:32 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

IMHO, im not sure going for such insane performance is really beneficiary at this point. I mean, unless Nvidia comes out with a counter for the Eyefinity technology which allows far more pixels than a single 30'' to be driven at once, there is almost no need for such power. Think about it for a second: Why do you need 3 Billion transistors at 40nm with 1.5Gb of GDDR5... and you're only running a 24" panel @ 1900x1200? It doesn't make sense, this graphics card would be insane overkill. Now if Nvidia DOES come out with a counter, then it makes more sense. As soon as you start extra more monitors you need bigger boosts in graphics horsepower. We'll see just what Nvidia does here, perhaps there's a big magic white rabbit hidden somewhere in their top hat, hehe.
Old September 30, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
IMHO, im not sure going for such insane performance is really beneficiary at this point. I mean, unless Nvidia comes out with a counter for the Eyefinity technology which allows far more pixels than a single 30'' to be driven at once, there is almost no need for such power. Think about it for a second: Why do you need 3 Billion transistors at 40nm with 1.5Gb of GDDR5... and you're only running a 24" panel @ 1900x1200? It doesn't make sense, this graphics card would be insane overkill. Now if Nvidia DOES come out with a counter, then it makes more sense. As soon as you start extra more monitors you need bigger boosts in graphics horsepower. We'll see just what Nvidia does here, perhaps there's a big magic white rabbit hidden somewhere in their top hat, hehe.
THink about the folding power!!!!
Old September 30, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Eyefinity isn't really much, just glorified multi-monitor. You can use SLI multi-monitor, right? So that's up to 9 displays or so (3 plugs x3 cards?)
Old September 30, 2009, 11:38 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
THink about the folding power!!!!
Okay... so theyre going to create a 400-500$ (minimum) graphics card for folding only? thats just silly. There has to be a reason to strive for so much more power, beyond just the DX11 power requirement. Either the details we've gotten so far are bogus, or they have someting else up their sleeve to take full advantage of it.

come to think of it, this card is probably going to be Extremely expensive...
Unless I'm mistaken, its their first 40nm/GDDR5 graphics card ever, something that AMD has had for many months now (since the 4770). Going to be one hell of a premium to buy "3-billion transistors". hehe
Old September 30, 2009, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well it certainly sounds good....

This is pretty much my first time reading prerelease stuff like this so I'm interested to see how much of this is FUD