LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26, 2009, 12:20 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Default The Hydra is coming!

First hydra equipped p55 board by MSI in 30 days:
AnandTech: Lucid Hydra 200: Vendor Agnostic Multi-GPU, Available in 30 Days

Quote:
The technology sounds flawless. You don't need to worry about game profiles or driver support, you just add more GPUs and they should be perfectly load balanced. Even more impressive is Lucid's claim that you can mix and match GPUs of different performance levels. For example you could put a GeForce GTX 285 and a GeForce 9800 GTX in parallel and the two would be perfectly load balanced by Lucid's hardware; you'd get a real speedup. Eventually, Lucid will also enable multi-GPU configurations from different vendors (e.g. one NVIDIA GPU + one AMD GPU).
Old September 26, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Me wants!!! but i hope the price drops in time!!!

-Plato
Old September 26, 2009, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That is awesome! A continual upgrader's delight.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old September 26, 2009, 01:52 PM

This looks incredible. I'd want it just for better scaling with my two GTX 260s.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 26, 2009, 02:00 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

i've been following this since it was announced last year. And they had working silicon then. This isn't smoke and mirrors. Now you can get the next gen stuff and keep your existing. Gonna SLI my 260 and the next gen 300.
Old September 26, 2009, 02:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I ownder if having DX11 capability is dependant on the hydra chip or just a factor of having all DX11 cards
Old September 26, 2009, 02:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

looking very promising
Old September 26, 2009, 03:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Whoa...

*looks behond him to make sure the wife is not looking*

This is truly awesome if all true... It would also mean the games that did not play well with Crossfire or SLI will all benefit from this.

I wonder how well it would play with folding? Would it fold on all 3 GPU at the same time with 1 client running? Hence pumping a stupid amount of PPD without the hassle of VMware and all that?

I almost regret buying my SLI board now... oh well.
Old September 26, 2009, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

now the questions are

1)How well will dx11 and dx10/9 cards mesh. Ex. will you be able to run Dx11 games if all of your cards are not capable of it
2)Will this become a standard feature, or only high end boards?
3)How long till I can buy one now?
Old September 26, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm working interested in the guts behind it all. How they deal with issues like frame inter-dependencies, AA, etc, and somehow keep it completely transparent from the engines and drivers? Much less do it with chip I believe has a TDP of around 6W? Seriously, the more I look into this, the more insane of a task it is. While I'd love for something like this to hit the market at a reasonable price point, they haven't been the most informative so far, and the lack of response from Nvidia or ATI could be taken either way.

Still, they've given a date and got their product installed on someone else's, so this is further than most vaporware gets.