Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22, 2007, 05:28 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Thermalright Releases HR-11 Backside Cooler

Thermalright Releases HR-11 Backside Cooler

Thermalright VGA Backside Cooler HR-11

It has an odd name but a VERY interesting concept. Look for a review here on Hardwarecanucks sometime in the near future!!

Thermalright has released their new HR-11 backside cooler which is installed on the BACK of a graphics card (opposite the main heatsink). It makes perfect sense since I have burned myself quite a few times when removing still-hot 8800GTS cards during my power supply testing. Since heat rises and even the large heatsink fan on an 8800-series cannot dissipate all of the heat, the HR-11 is used to pick up some of the slack.

Features:

Cools GPU additionally from the back of VGA. Compatible with stock cooling, HR-03 series, and V2
Passively cooled heatsink design for no-noise operation Fan
Proprietary through holes on fins for effiecient ventilation
Soldered fins to copper base (nickel plated) to make effective contact
Light weight and easy installation

Installation process: Thermalright
Old August 22, 2007, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

Hook a fan over the card or use a full cover waterblock and it'll be better. I'm sure!