Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28, 2009, 04:14 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default Japanese break wi-fi security in 60 seconds

Quote:
The hack does not give total control over the wi-fi connection, but does enable reading and spoofing data packets, but the ease with which Wifi Protected Access (WPA) Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption was broken suggests that anyone concerned about security should be looking at moving to the more secure WPA2 with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption sooner rather than later.
(Read more)
Old August 30, 2009, 11:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't see why someone would want to get in range of my network (I live in the woods), hack my wep key, all to get into my sub 1000$ savings...soo.. I'll stick with the easiest security I got.
Old August 31, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

we don't have a password but we do live in the country and to get a wifi signal you would have to be in our driveway so it isn't a threat.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."