Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17, 2009, 11:41 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Asus Soon to Release NVIDIA ION Motherboard

While NVIDIA's ION platform has been raved as the next big thing since the release of the Intel Atom processor, it has been rather slow to receive support from manufacturer's; with only a handful of relatively unknown companies producing ION solutions. Asus however, is ready to step in the ring with the AT3N7A-I which has unofficially surfaced on... [ Read full article ]
Old August 17, 2009, 11:44 AM
Quadfather

Sigh... sure it's small, and green I guess. But why oh why do they put stupid 40mm fans on these boards that are usually made for the HTPC or quiet pc market? There's enough room for a larger passive heatsink which would easily cool a dual Atom's meager heat output....
Old August 17, 2009, 12:31 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I keep crossing my fingers that one of these board manufacturers will team up with the team over at PicoPSU and bundle their mobo with a 150-XT PicoPSU.
Old August 17, 2009, 12:37 PM
Quadfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I keep crossing my fingers that one of these board manufacturers will team up with the team over at PicoPSU and bundle their mobo with a 150-XT PicoPSU.
That would also be awsome. Or at least a bundle deal involving this + an ITX case/PSU. That would be one quick way to get a small system/htpc up and running pretty quick.
Old August 17, 2009, 12:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Is Atom enough to run 1080p content?
Old August 17, 2009, 12:45 PM
Quadfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
Is Atom enough to run 1080p content?
The single-core versions? Iffy... This version is a dual-core Atom, so it should provide more reliable performance. So I'd have to assume yes. However, I don't own it so you're best bet is waiting for someone who does to answer.... or google it
Old August 17, 2009, 01:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well, I just ordered e5200 + P31 board + G98 nvidia + Xonar D1 for HTPC, this ION solution sounds less expensive and more efficient. I still have time to send the parts back if it's worth it.
Old August 17, 2009, 01:13 PM
Quadfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
Well, I just ordered e5200 + P31 board + G98 nvidia + Xonar D1 for HTPC, this ION solution sounds less expensive and more efficient. I still have time to send the parts back if it's worth it.
I assume by "G98 Nvidia" you mean a 9800-series discrete graphics card. If thats the case then unless you seriously need to cut costs, I would keep what you already ordered. It will absolutely slaughter anything an Atom/ION platform can do and be useful for more than just watching a movie or going on the internet.