Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31, 2007, 09:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default First pictures of Nvidia MCP73 motherboard

I was really hoping that AMD/ATi would be the first off of the blocks with a really good HTPC integrated graphics mobo, but then again, we don't know whether this one is 'really good' yet either (sounds good enough though)

This autumn Nvidia will have a wide variety of new chipsets ready to rumble for both the AMD and Intel platforms. One such chipset that will have to take Intel's integrated graphics offers is the MCP73, which will come in three different flavors, one with an integrated GeForce 7050 card and two with the GeForce 7025. Although the MCP73s are not yet ready to be unveiled, the good people at yesky.com have managed to get a few quick pics of some early motherboard samples built by a company called Topstar. As you can see in the pics below, the boards are micro-ATX, have integrated graphics and even eSATA ports (or port).

The MCP73 motherboards for LGA775 processors will hit the retail chain in late September.

from TechConnect
Old August 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Why does it look like there is smoke coming up from the CPU socket?
Old August 19, 2007, 02:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Shame it doesn't have HDMI. Then it would make a perfect HTPC board.

At least theres finally an alternative to Intel graphics.
Old August 19, 2007, 03:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Shame it doesn't have HDMI. Then it would make a perfect HTPC board.

At least theres finally an alternative to Intel graphics.
Wouldn't the DVI-D out have the same vid quality except without audio?

Seems to me there's a standard out there for incorporating DVI-D with onboard audio into the same cable to come up with HDMI......

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old August 19, 2007, 09:45 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

*Growls at the pcie-1x slot being Above the x16 slot... When will mobo makers ever learn (or remember) that there are very very few good htpc pcie-1x cards that are useful.... pci dominance really. So for all those pretty htpc video cards that require a full slot cooler.... you're limited to 1 pci add in card, meaning max one tv tuner and getting Stuck with onboard audio . Thankfully some video card makers are aware of this problem and have made interesting options for the htpc lover like myself. For example:
HIS Graphic Cards - Power Up, Gamers!

This card by HIS will allow people that get stuck with the above board to still have full use of their two pci slots since the passive heatsink wraps oevr the card to the high side (meaning in the case of this mobo, over the near-useless pcie-1x slot).