Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default NEC Launching MultiSync EA231WMi, First 23" IPS Panel LCD

NEC Display Solutions will be launching the first 23? screen with IPS technology in 16:9 format in autumn 2009. The MultiSync EA231WMi combines excellent image quality in high resolution (full HD) with low energy consumption and its wide screen format enhances productivity. Another innovation for NEC desktop displays is the DisplayPort interface f... [ Read full article ]
Old July 17, 2009, 01:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very nice! I hope we see the end of TN panels in the near future. I'm looking forward to better quality panels in the lower size range!
Old July 17, 2009, 01:30 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Very nice! I hope we see the end of TN panels in the near future. I'm looking forward to better quality panels in the lower size range!
QFT *as I type on my 20' IPS *
Could sure use an upgrade

That said, I also have a Samsung 226BW that I thoroughly enjoy. Its got surprisingly good colour for a TN though still blows mad chunks vs. IPS for my picture and video editing, but for games I would far prefer it, given the larger desktop real estate and 1/3rd of the price tag.

Wouldn't watch movies on it though, to much bleed on TN's.
Old July 17, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
QFT *as I type on my 20' IPS *
Could sure use an upgrade

That said, I also have a Samsung 226BW that I thoroughly enjoy. Its got surprisingly good colour for a TN though still blows mad chunks vs. IPS for my picture and video editing, but for games I would far prefer it, given the larger desktop real estate and 1/3rd of the price tag.

Wouldn't watch movies on it though, to much bleed on TN's.
That's a HUUUUUGE monitor!

I actually have a C panel 226BW but the backlight bleed was luck of the draw I guess. It's really only visible along the top by a faint amount, so overal I've been extremely happy with it. The blues are a little out of whack though; too much blue in fact.
Old July 17, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

'="

I hunted around long an hard for my "S" panel for that model. Opened and returned quite a few units... wasn't really worth it in the end as after a few months the bleed really started to come through, THOUGH I did find the colours better than A or C
Old July 17, 2009, 03:56 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I have a 225BW - I have seen no backlight bleed-through at all, the color seems very nice, works very well with games or movies (inc HD-DVD).

I have a good eye, and am picky, but by no means an expert or elitist.

ITs going on 3 years now and its been perfect for me