Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2009, 08:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I for one, am happy that it will be supported until 2011. Nothing that we supply can interface with Vista Properly. And simply telling customers their 300K insturment will not run is not a good selling point.
Our software team is working with MS on 7 so that will be the saving grace. But for Vista as a buisness platform, its hit or miss.
I'm happy about it too. I see no reason to get rid of XP. It's a solid OS in my books. If WinXP 64 was as supported as WinXP 32bit then I might actually use it instead of Vista.

Although, there are some nice things about Vista that I really like...
Old June 22, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I'm happy about it too. I see no reason to get rid of XP. It's a solid OS in my books. If WinXP 64 was as supported as WinXP 32bit then I might actually use it instead of Vista.

Although, there are some nice things about Vista that I really like...
Win XP x64 is more supported than people give it credit for.

I've ran XP x64 for over a year with no problems.
Old June 22, 2009, 09:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Why would Microsoft want to do that if they are going to try to launch Windows 7 this fall, and hopefully discontinue Vista at the same time, rather then support 3 different OSes at the same time.
Old June 22, 2009, 10:02 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Intel Atom?
Old June 22, 2009, 11:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Why would Microsoft want to do that if they are going to try to launch Windows 7 this fall, and hopefully discontinue Vista at the same time, rather then support 3 different OSes at the same time.
They won't want to do that because they want everyone to buy Windows 7

I'm just saying, they should release WinXP for free or something, that would remove the arguments from the linux camp.

Old June 23, 2009, 09:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
They won't want to do that because they want everyone to buy Windows 7

I'm just saying, they should release WinXP for free or something, that would remove the arguments from the linux camp.

Only guy that i know that lives in the linux camp has to nuke and pave his linux every time he screws with it (which is several times a month) and he moans and whines how crappy XP, Vista, and 7 are.
Old June 23, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Personally I love older video games, I havent had any issues running the games I play on vista 32 and 64 bit. This includes any original windows 95 games, dos games not so much as I HATE dos box. Vista is just a good example of bad publicity, word spreads fast among the masses who really dont know anything for themselves so they rely on the words of others to judge new stuff. I agree with ST for the enterprise markets XP is something that will need to be kept around, I understand how hard it is to move from one os to another when everything you use and sell is hard wired to only run on the first os.

Like its been mentioned before OS is mostly personal preference, I personally love the look of aero and even when I ran xp I ran shell software to make the GUI look better because I just cant stand the look of xp or olders stock GUI. I am a customization freak and coming from a graphic design perspective vista is much more tweakable, and transparancy is a little easier on my eyes then solid colors. I used the side bar a few times but I like how windows 7 allowed for those apps to just be dragged onto the desktop straight from fresh install, the only things I ever used the sidebar for was weather and CND to USD conversion rates during the months before I went on holidays to the caribean, worked great for that sort of situation but I current dont have side bar running anymore.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old June 23, 2009, 07:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Attached Images

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 23, 2009, 07:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Soultribunal that was just amazing
Old June 23, 2009, 10:55 PM
Top Prospect

XP should just die already...W7 ftw