Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i still run xp,never used vista for more than 2 days, to be honest when ppl bring pc's to fix, i recommend change to xp..hehe

to me XP is still #1..next will be win7,,ill skip vista.

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old June 19, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
Hahahaha

Who here wanna bet that Vista will get the axe before Windows XP!
Yeah I dont think anyone is going to be saying, Please dont EOL Vista

I still run XP on my printer computer because there is no vista printer driver but once that printer get replaced I have no need to be running XP on any machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 19, 2009, 11:19 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Vista, just doesn't work with our software at work.
Old June 19, 2009, 08:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well who serious use all that sidebar and animation junk thats installed in vista? And whats with window's defender. does that even help against trojans or spywares? or does it just eat up resources

Microsoft should of given the user more choices for there money Buy Vista and you get free XP, or buy XP and you get free windows 98
Old June 19, 2009, 08:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why is Vista compatibility still an issue? I can understand if you're stuck with a piece of hardware that's so old that you can't get replacement parts anymore, but with the average computer's memory rapidly approaching >= 4GB, I expected software devs to make Vista and 64-bit support a priority.

I can't blame Microsoft either for raising the compatibility issues; backwards compatibility can only go so far (unless of course you want to see the horrors of seeing 16-bit applications and DOS4GW still running on today's computers).
Old June 19, 2009, 08:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realityshift View Post
Windows XP had tons of bugs at launch and was no better then vista, I in no way think its at all superior to previous or new releases of windows either. I had absolutely no issues with ME or 98, I found both versions to be rock solid, I also have no problem with vista, it had a faulty launch but microsoft did a good job of getting it up and running properly. Most of the issues with vista off the start had more to do with hardware companies not writing decent drivers for our hardware quick enough then vista having software issues.

I personally wont spend thousands of dollars worth of gear and run an old OS, theres no point.

EDIT: I really dont think we should be openly posting windows CD keys in the HWC threads, could get the website into alot of trouble....

My god people saying inteligent ything are pretty rare. I totaly agree with you. Actually there is NO reason to take XP over Vista especially for gamer or High end comp for thing like 3D rendering or virtualisation.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 19, 2009, 08:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
Why is Vista compatibility still an issue? I can understand if you're stuck with a piece of hardware that's so old that you can't get replacement parts anymore, but with the average computer's memory rapidly approaching >= 4GB, I expected software devs to make Vista and 64-bit support a priority.

I can't blame Microsoft either for raising the compatibility issues; backwards compatibility can only go so far (unless of course you want to see the horrors of seeing 16-bit applications and DOS4GW still running on today's computers).
Well there is an easy way to make older software work in vista 64. There is a second Program files named X86, it's a 32bit one. install everything that is 32 bit or oldy in and HO magic it work :O exept for nero 6 never found why the hell this software won't work. I mean...even Quicktime 2.3 work wich is a like 1997 release.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 20, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
My god people saying inteligent ything are pretty rare. I totaly agree with you. Actually there is NO reason to take XP over Vista especially for gamer or High end comp for thing like 3D rendering or virtualisation.
There's a very valid reason, personal preference and personal experience. I like XP better and have had better luck with XP than vista. On paper vista is better, but in the real world it's all up to the user and what they prefer.
Old June 20, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

I run xp because vista has too much "fluff" and I'm only running 2x1gb of ram (i get a better OC). I don't use dx10 anyways.

Overall, xp is "snappier" on my PhII and I get higher stable overclocks for some reason.

Old June 20, 2009, 08:22 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
well who serious use all that sidebar and animation junk thats installed in vista? And whats with window's defender. does that even help against trojans or spywares? or does it just eat up resources

Microsoft should of given the user more choices for there money Buy Vista and you get free XP, or buy XP and you get free windows 98
thats why i hate vista

i would like to have an os, with XP style without the shadow under the mouse arrow, without allt he bling bling stuff.

they should make an os that so basic that you need to add stuff to get it to work properly. so eachone could add whatever they need.

on the otherside they put tons of BS and bling bling that you cannot all disable and that make you brand new hardware going slower then the old kid's PC that run an optimize and mature OS

my 2c

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb