Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2009, 07:33 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. Silver View Post
Fatal1ty or not.... that card is downright SEXY! Wonder if you can RAID these.... Hahaha!
I agree about the sexiness and I will almost for surely be buying one as soon as they are released. If they are bootable, as every other FusionIO is not.. Kind of pricey, but I can't imaging how amazing this thing will perform.
Old June 7, 2009, 07:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hmm, that's a problem, because the only reason I could buy one of these is to boot OS from it.
Old June 7, 2009, 07:43 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Then you're probably SOL for the time being... I dont really see any way of them getting around this in the near future unless they make one with a Sata cable integrated (so the OS install disk can find Something to install onto) then the PCIe SSD itself loads drivers for the installing OS to read the PCIe SSD in its true form.... thats all guesswork for now though...
Old June 7, 2009, 07:54 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Then you're probably SOL for the time being... I dont really see any way of them getting around this in the near future unless they make one with a Sata cable integrated (so the OS install disk can find Something to install onto) then the PCIe SSD itself loads drivers for the installing OS to read the PCIe SSD in its true form.... thats all guesswork for now though...
All they need would be is RAID card drivers if that was the problem. I think it has to do with the way the drive caches read/writes. But if they can't get it bootable, I highly doubt it will sell all that well. The people who are willing to spend $1000 on an 80GB drive aren't about to buy one if their entire OS is going to remain slow.
Old June 7, 2009, 10:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This turns out to be the most useless product, because if I wanted a device to put my Page File on I'd use my 3000MB/s Ram Disk instead.
Old June 7, 2009, 11:20 PM

My System Specs

Putting a page file on a ramdisk is a silly idea if you using Vista. Vista only pages to the drive when it runs out of physical memory.