Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 12:34 AM
Dave510's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 276

My System Specs

Default Single PCB GTX 295 Coming Soon...

TechConnect Magazine - Single-PCB GeForce GTX 295 gets extensive photo shoot

Supposed to come out within a month.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 12:55 AM
fefox's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Manitoba N50 15.5944', W101 2.2833'
Posts: 324

My System Specs

Default

Nice find!

I wonder if BFG will consider this new card Trade up Eligible from the older GTX 295?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 04:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,411

My System Specs

Default

Looks nice, and it comes with a built in backplate hopefully.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 05:08 AM
bojangles's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,683

My System Specs

Default

Those heatsinks look very constricting for airflow. Maybe it's just the angle the picture was taken at? Single PCB is the way to go though. So much easier to customize!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 05:20 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
So much easier to customize!
I was thinking the same thing until I saw the heatsink mounting hole locations. They are just brutal.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 05:24 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,062

My System Specs

Default

Something tells me with that design they are gonna Run very Hot. Would have been better with how Asus Did the Matrix Cooler..my thoughts at least.

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 05:28 AM
CMetaphor's Avatar
Quadfather
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 4,994

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Something tells me with that design they are gonna Run very Hot. Would have been better with how Asus Did the Matrix Cooler..my thoughts at least.

ST
Agreed ST. Single PCB means all the heat is concentrated more, instead of spread out as is the case with the current GTX295s. Also, the fan design of this version means the heat from one core exhausts out the back of the case.... the but the other core exhausts directly backwards in the opposite direction of "normal" airflow. IMHO, every graphics card should exhaust its heat out of the rear of the case, without exception.
__________________
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 06:20 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,062

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Agreed ST. Single PCB means all the heat is concentrated more, instead of spread out as is the case with the current GTX295s. Also, the fan design of this version means the heat from one core exhausts out the back of the case.... the but the other core exhausts directly backwards in the opposite direction of "normal" airflow. IMHO, every graphics card should exhaust its heat out of the rear of the case, without exception.

Yeah its either exausting it that way, or the way the fan works is it pulls air through the first array, and exausts it out the second array, which is still inefficent and not a well thought out design.

I agree with you CM, all of them should exaust out the rear so they don't allow extra 'heat dumping' inside your case. Tends to make thermal Managment a PITA.

Regards,
ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 06:27 AM
bojangles's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,683

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I was thinking the same thing until I saw the heatsink mounting hole locations. They are just brutal.
HOLY SHIZ . I didn't even look that far. Those can't be the mounting holes . Whatever happened to equal spacing? That's not a square, it's a quadrilateral!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old June 2, 2009, 06:28 AM
CMetaphor's Avatar
Quadfather
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 4,994

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Yeah its either exausting it that way, or the way the fan works is it pulls air through the first array, and exausts it out the second array, which is still inefficent and not a well thought out design.
Check the fan blade pitch - it's as I said. Pulling cool air from the "middle" and pushing heat half out the back and half back into the case... to be drawn back in by the fan yet again. Stupid, stupid, stupid design.
__________________
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The GTX 285 2gb vs. GTX 295 vs. GTX 350 (rumour) shayan288 Video Cards 9 May 25, 2009 12:29 PM
gtx 285 vs 295 MSF Video Cards 22 March 22, 2009 08:23 PM
[WTB] GTX 295 KSM Buy/Sell & Trade 2 February 9, 2009 07:46 PM
GeForce GTX 295 Gellidius Video Cards 26 January 11, 2009 08:41 PM
GTX 295 and GTX 285 Very Close zlojack Press Releases & Tech News 22 December 11, 2008 09:30 AM