Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2, 2009, 12:34 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Single PCB GTX 295 Coming Soon...

TechConnect Magazine - Single-PCB GeForce GTX 295 gets extensive photo shoot

Supposed to come out within a month.

Old June 2, 2009, 12:55 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Nice find!

I wonder if BFG will consider this new card Trade up Eligible from the older GTX 295?
Old June 2, 2009, 04:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks nice, and it comes with a built in backplate hopefully.
Old June 2, 2009, 05:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Those heatsinks look very constricting for airflow. Maybe it's just the angle the picture was taken at? Single PCB is the way to go though. So much easier to customize!
Old June 2, 2009, 05:20 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
So much easier to customize!
I was thinking the same thing until I saw the heatsink mounting hole locations. They are just brutal.
Old June 2, 2009, 05:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Something tells me with that design they are gonna Run very Hot. Would have been better with how Asus Did the Matrix Cooler..my thoughts at least.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 2, 2009, 05:28 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Something tells me with that design they are gonna Run very Hot. Would have been better with how Asus Did the Matrix Cooler..my thoughts at least.

ST
Agreed ST. Single PCB means all the heat is concentrated more, instead of spread out as is the case with the current GTX295s. Also, the fan design of this version means the heat from one core exhausts out the back of the case.... the but the other core exhausts directly backwards in the opposite direction of "normal" airflow. IMHO, every graphics card should exhaust its heat out of the rear of the case, without exception.
Old June 2, 2009, 06:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Agreed ST. Single PCB means all the heat is concentrated more, instead of spread out as is the case with the current GTX295s. Also, the fan design of this version means the heat from one core exhausts out the back of the case.... the but the other core exhausts directly backwards in the opposite direction of "normal" airflow. IMHO, every graphics card should exhaust its heat out of the rear of the case, without exception.

Yeah its either exausting it that way, or the way the fan works is it pulls air through the first array, and exausts it out the second array, which is still inefficent and not a well thought out design.

I agree with you CM, all of them should exaust out the rear so they don't allow extra 'heat dumping' inside your case. Tends to make thermal Managment a PITA.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 2, 2009, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I was thinking the same thing until I saw the heatsink mounting hole locations. They are just brutal.
HOLY SHIZ . I didn't even look that far. Those can't be the mounting holes . Whatever happened to equal spacing? That's not a square, it's a quadrilateral!
Old June 2, 2009, 06:28 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Yeah its either exausting it that way, or the way the fan works is it pulls air through the first array, and exausts it out the second array, which is still inefficent and not a well thought out design.
Check the fan blade pitch - it's as I said. Pulling cool air from the "middle" and pushing heat half out the back and half back into the case... to be drawn back in by the fan yet again. Stupid, stupid, stupid design.