Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   ATI RV870 Leaked! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/17676-ati-rv870-leaked.html)

th3b00m May 7, 2009 12:04 PM

ATI RV870 Leaked!

Hey guys just found this today, apparently it is the specs of the new ATI cards coming in July '09

ATI Radeon 5870 and 5870X2 specs revealed? - Bright Side Of News*

Enjoy :)

jcmaz May 7, 2009 03:29 PM

WOW, i wonder how much it'll be...

"2.16 TFLOPS for the HD5870 and 4.56 TFLOPS for the dual-GPU part"

IRQ Conflict May 7, 2009 04:06 PM

Better question is going to be how much less will my second HD 4890 be when this comes out? Can't wait!

Silvgearx May 7, 2009 04:41 PM

:shok:

another one of those :blarg:

need more solid facts guys :sad:

Shadowmeph May 7, 2009 04:49 PM

one thing that gets me , they keep making more powerful graphics cards and at the same time ,at least from my point of view the gaming companies seem to be or at least are trying to fade out PC gaming what is the point of buying a more powerful card if your now really going to be using it. its like buying a twin turbo, Nitro, jet fuel running car... for city driving lol

belgolas May 7, 2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 191322)
one thing that gets me , they keep making more powerful graphics cards and at the same time ,at least from my point of view the gaming companies seem to be or at least are trying to fade out PC gaming what is the point of buying a more powerful card if your now really going to be using it. its like buying a twin turbo, Nitro, jet fuel running car... for city driving lol

There is absolutely no evidence that PC gaming is dying or fazing out. It has been proven time and time again that the PC gaming industry is growing. Have you even looked at the amount of games coming out this year and next year? Why would any company faze out PC when there is still money to be made. I am seeing more and more console games also coming to PC. Anyways the PC gaming industry is several billion dollars and isn't going anywhere.

MacJunky May 7, 2009 06:48 PM

We need all the extra horsepower we can get with all the badly ported console games being released for PC. XD
That is their plan to sell us more GFX cards. :P

IRQ Conflict May 7, 2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX (Post 191315)
:shok:

another one of those :blarg:

need more solid facts guys :sad:

That's true. I think I saw a similar table with features that claimed to be almost identical to the 4xxx series not long ago.

Goes from no change to the moon. Heh.

Silvgearx May 7, 2009 10:53 PM

a lot of enthusiast people buy new parts for the bench marks ;)

as for game makers, they want everyone to be able buy there game and at the same time they want enthusiast to be able to get the extra eye candy with there enthusiast PC parts :haha:

AERo May 8, 2009 06:14 AM

Enthusiast parts are good and all, but Videocards are getting way out of
hand in energy efficiency...

Give me a card that can perform like a 4890 and run well on a
450W PSU in CF, I'll be satisfied.