Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2007, 07:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Value Creative sound cards get full Vista drivers

It's amazing how slow the big manufacturers are on catching up to this OS- I would have thought that companies like Creative would have their drivers ready almost at release.

Nearly five months after the retail release of Windows Vista, Creative has finally released full Vista-compatible drivers for some of its low-end sound cards. The new 1.04.0076 drivers are available for both 32-bit flavors and 64-bit flavors of Windows Vista, and they support Sound Blaster sound card models including the Audigy Value, Audigy SE, Audigy LS, and Live! 24-bit.
Vista users running those cards were previously stuck with a "basic" driver that didn't include Creative's suite of control panel software and provided, in the company's words, "basic audio support and control options for sampling rate and speakers only." By contrast, the 1.04.0076 release includes Creative's audio console, EAX console, device control, and speaker settings control panels. Users can also adjust speaker configurations, audio output quality, S/PDIF sampling rate, sound effects, and Creative multi-speaker surround settings.

From the TechReport
Old June 27, 2007, 08:13 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

5 long months :(, but im happy now
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Old July 6, 2007, 10:51 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

no no it's not the big vendors....it's creative in general. Their support has never been good ever. And you're looking at a Live Value- Audigy 2 ZS owner. It seems they release a new card so they say screw the old one.