Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2009, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Mcr220-qp-stack

I was pointed to this by someone on a different forum and thought it was pretty cool and never even knew they existed. I checked the NCIX site but the search came up empty
Swiftech MCR220-QP (Quiet Power™) Stackable Series 2 x 120mm Radiator Products Model: MCR220-QP-STACK [MCR220-QP-STACK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old April 8, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

Its been out for awhile but there is no real use of them so they don't sell many.
Old April 8, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

It's a neat option, although the jury is still out on exactly how much improvement the second radiator gets you. Have to really plan things out in advance, because 2 rads + fans makes for a pretty massive brick to mount somewhere.
Old April 8, 2009, 04:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

what about this XSPC RX240 XSPC RX240 Extreme Performance Radiator - Thermochill Killer Part II Products Model: RX240 [RX240] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come what this be a better option?
Old April 8, 2009, 04:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'd say so.

Stacking radiators usually doesn't yield that great of a performance increase from the couple tests I've seen. Unless you have some fans with crazy pressure I guess, though then you have a far from silent system.
Old April 9, 2009, 04:54 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I'd say so.

Stacking radiators usually doesn't yield that great of a performance increase from the couple tests I've seen. Unless you have some fans with crazy pressure I guess, though then you have a far from silent system.
I think the advantages of using stacked rads are the same advantages to using rads requiring high pressure fans such as the BIX series. If you have fans with enough static pressure, it'll yield good results, where as if you have more standard fans the temperature change wont be as much.
Old April 9, 2009, 05:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I would prefer a double thick Single Rad , with double Pass as opposed to that. Then again, thats just me.
I also think that they need to make these things Solid Copper to really achieve the benefit they can offer, or solid Silver .

Still it is a really cool design, and I could see some application for it somewhere.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 9, 2009, 05:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I also think that they need to make these things Solid Copper to really achieve the benefit they can offer, or solid Silver .
Actually the Feser and the XSPC RX rads are all copper.
Old April 9, 2009, 05:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Really? Thats cool, I always thought they were Brass Cored.
I stand corrected then.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 9, 2009, 06:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, pretty much all the rest of the 'Copper' rads are brass cored with copper fins. This whole 100% copper coring is fairly new to mainstream, from what I understand, and I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons the Feser and XSPC rads perform so well.