Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2009, 08:09 AM
Banned
F@H

:help:Unfortunately, it seems as if this Tt case will be like alot of other non-standard cases they release, pricewise...$750++

I'd pay $279 for the chance to mod one...not a penny more...
Old March 4, 2009, 08:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

yeah my $ for cases ends at $399.99 and that is only for a few select Lian Li and special cases...that case is cool but worth $750 and up not in my books

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old March 4, 2009, 08:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
:help:Unfortunately, it seems as if this Tt case will be like alot of other non-standard cases they release, pricewise...$750++

I'd pay $279 for the chance to mod one...not a penny more...

If I had the money, I'd still buy it. Just because it looks so damn cool.
Unlike anything we have seen.
Its good to see manufacturers breaking the mold for a change, the Raven, that Wierd thing from Lian-Li, this one from TT.
I love it,
Now I just need to sell stuff so I can buy it LOL!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 4, 2009, 08:16 AM
Banned
F@H

Well I dunno for sure that it will be THAT expensive, but it sure sounds liek it. Kinda like the ?SwordM?...
Old March 4, 2009, 08:51 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I see cooling being an issue on this one. The entire point of having ATX cases designed the way they are is to promote directional airflow over the components. If you want to provide that for this case you would have to tack on fans everywhere.
Old March 4, 2009, 08:55 AM
Banned
F@H

Yeah, hence my comment about "water only". I do, however, like how each bit is compartmentalized, as this could turn into a very "flashy" rig with some UV coolant, and a decent paint job...I'd like the entried mobo area to be in clear plastic as well...so with heavy mods in mind, I can only outlay so much for one of these. That said though, maybe by the time this comes out I'll have changed my mind...
Old March 4, 2009, 08:58 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sticking everything in its own little box is going to kill components real fast unless each compartment acts as a heatsink.
Old March 4, 2009, 09:03 AM
Banned
F@H

NO kidding. You'd hope that they've already considered such...I mean really...but maybe that's why it's "just a concept".

I'd like a waterfall down the HDD area... stagger them a bit front to back...ugh, gotta stop thinking about possibilities...would probably be cheaper and more effective to do it all myself...maybe...
Old March 4, 2009, 09:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you stick a nice Scythe -S in each compartment to vent it out, it would really make a cooling marvel.
I really , really want one.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 5, 2009, 08:08 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Sticking everything in its own little box is going to kill components real fast unless each compartment acts as a heatsink.
My thoughts exactly.