Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5, 2007, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Coolit announces reference cooling system for 2900xt X-Fire

Not going to be a huge market for these units. A pair of 2900xts with good cooling will be pretty darned fast though. Lots of headroom can be found on these cards as long as temperatures are kept cool which is a problem with stock air.

CoolIT Systems announces the first product in the new Reference Series liquid cooling systems to quietly and effectively cool a Crossfire configuration of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.'s new high performance graphic card, the ATI Radeon(TM) HD 2900 XT. This factory sealed, maintenance free system will be on display by appointment for the first time at Computex in Taipei June 5th - 9th.

"I am impressed at how CoolIT's liquid cooling apparatus has successfully implemented micro-channel technology, which was developed in AMD's Thermal laboratory in Toronto, for effective thermal management of the GPU in a single slot PCI-e form factor, thereby eliminating the need for additional clearance space," said Dr. Gamal Refai-Ahmed, AMD Fellow and lead thermal architect, AMD Graphics Product Group. "Using this microchannel technology in a closed loop liquid cooling design, CoolIT are enabling users to exploit the full potential of AMD's latest GPU's such as the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT.

More from HULIQ
Old June 5, 2007, 11:32 AM
Top Prospect

Kudos to CoolIT for really getting their name out there. It's been an incredible year for them. The best part is that they are fellow Canucks ;-)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.20GHz, ASUS P5K Premium WiFi-AP, OCZ 8GB PC2-6400, EVGA GTX 285 1024MB
Seagate 500GB, 750GB & 1TB, Pioneer 22x ODD, Corsair 1000HX, Thermalright Ultra-120, CM Storm Sniper
Dell 2408WFP 24", ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Ultrasone PRO 750, Gentoo Linux (KDE 4.4, 2.6.32 Kernel)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Profiles: Last.fm | Xbox Live | Steam
Old June 5, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Canadian, eh? I had no idea. They've got alot of good stuff on the go (they need to tweak their ram cooler a bit though- maybe just another pin)